Next gun. Polymer or 1911?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I'm doing anything possible to avoid studying for my finals so I'll ask a question that might be fun to watch people answer.

I'm thinking of getting rid of a gun or two to fund a new pistol. Only problem is, I can't decide what I want. Good polymer pistol in 9mm or .40 (glock or m&p), or go with the total other side of the spectrum and get a budget 1911 (SA Mil-Spec maybe)

I have never owned either kind of pistol but want both eventually. I really want to see if the polymer guns are something that I'm into at all and I feel like the polys would be good guns for really getting out and becoming a better overall pistol shooter whereas the 1911... well its a 1911.

Purpose for the gun would be a range gun, possibly HD, and fondling in my spare time.

Help PLEASE because I'm getting the itch. Haven't bought a gun in weeks.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are a novice at this shootin' thang, you might wanna look at the plastic pistol. Preferrably a Glock. The Smith & Wesson M&P is a dandy little piece, but I think the Glock is tougher and easier to tear up and put back together.

The 1911 is a fine pistol, but only in the proper hands. For an inexperienced shooter, the 1911 causes more problems than you (or anybody else) needs. I'm not even gonna start on the good vs bad of the 1911 because I don't want your thread turned into another damned us vs. them argument. :blahblah:

The bottom line is this.

The 1911 is a gun you show your friends. The Glock is a gun you show your enemies.

newmaxx11

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
CZ Po1.... I like the capacity of the polymers but the longevity of solid metal guns..+ you can change grips on metal guns. get a high capacity metal.

and if anybody happens to have one they wouldn't mind selling lmk.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 1911 is a gun you show your friends. The Glock is a gun you show your enemies.

Funny thing is.... the 1911 actually has been to a war or five.

Glock 19
M&P 9
Steyr M9

I honestly wouldn't look for a budget 1911 for a do it all gun but that's just me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom