Nightforce: On It's Way!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just ordered an NXS 5.5x22x56! I ordered at The Tin Star in weatherford and the owner gave me an excelent deal for $1,360!
Hoo-Rah!

You need to send it to me for quality control check before you take it to the range. jk. I love to have one of those NF scope. NF and US optics are very sexy for tactical scopes.

StammesOpfer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I don't have much (any) experience with the high end glass, but why is everyone so in love with nightforce over something like a Leupold mkIV. From what I have read Leupold has anywhere from slightly better to significantly better glass, FFP retical (I think NF has this too now), and is a couple hundred cheaper than a comparable nightforce. Only thing I see NF has going is a wider magnification range. Is it durability? I know the guys in the desert are using Leupold's (though I think they might be fixed power don't remember) so they have to be fairly durable right?

Not trying to be a Leupold fan or a NF hater just curious why NF is so highly regarded.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The NF has better/more positive turrets. It has slightly better glass. It is second to none on toughness. I own 2 NF scopes and 1 MKIV. If you don't believe me, go to snipershide.com at do some searches.
If you want better quality glass you need to get a US Optics or S&B.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No i dodnt get the zero stop becuase i didnt feel that it was worth nearly $200 more. It would be handy to have but i just didnt feel it is worth the money

IF we have another OSA meet up and if you're going to be there, I would love to look at your scope down the range if you don't mind. And I'll let you test out my crappy scope and make fun of me. :) There you go, an offer you can't refuse.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
IF we have another OSA meet up and if you're going to be there, I would love to look at your scope down the range if you don't mind. And I'll let you test out my crappy scope and make fun of me. :) There you go, an offer you can't refuse.

are you talking about the possible osa canton lake shoot?
your more than welcome to check it out and even send one or 2 downrange!

Latest posts

Top Bottom