Nightly Chores

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a video a couple years ago where the guy was just taking the shoulders and cutting back straps out and not gutting. He didn't even skin, just cut them off and threw them in a brine.

I've seen that done, but they did skin it. Skin, take front and hind quarters and backstrap, and discard the rest. No mess. (or, very little!) And, all you really lose that might be worth saving are the tenderloins.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bassin....Do you gut also,or just leave guts and quarter? I saw a video a couple years ago where the guy was just taking the shoulders and cutting back straps out and not gutting. He didn't even skin, just cut them off and threw them in a brine. Maybe you could post a video of your process one of these days?:rolleyes:
I don't gut, but I do skin and cut feet off. I have seen a video where a guy tosses quarters with hide still into the ice chest, but that just gets meat dirty. I might try and find somebody to film it one of these days.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Darn pigs i shoot have those Hog Louse No way do I want that skin in my vehicle.
Well back of my truck maybe but not the trunk of my 57 chevy.
I do not mind gross but I must draw the line.

I skin mine in the woods. I have done gutless method on deer and hogs.
And gutless method always on Gar Fish.
Cut up the back with tin snips and filet the skin off and retrieve the meat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom