No Craftsman USA tools from TX...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’d put the high end Harbor Freight (can’t remember the brand) against Snap On or Proto now days. When I went to the dues paying side of the millwright world they would give me no end of crap for my entire box not being Proto, Starett, Klein etc.. Now that most of those brands have off shored I just go for the most juice per squeeze and everyone can go suck it. If they want to supply my box I’ll turn whatever wrench they supply
Braun

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe he’s referring to Icon. I own almost every Icon hand tool. I use them hard and they are holding up. Their impact sockets I use very hard on heavy equipment. No issues. The only icon tool I’ve had issue with is the tips on the small pick set but when you are picking seals in tight spaces that’s expected. Anyhow warranty was easy, hand them the damaged pick and they hand you a brand new one from the shelf.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m gonna catch a lot of crap for this, but I’m not a big fan of craftsman.
It depends on how old they are. I have my dad’s Craftsman tools that are older than I am, and those things are good to go, even after decades of hard use. Even the ones I bought back in the late ‘90s are still going strong. The more recent stuff, though, ain’t so much of a much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom