No Craftsman USA tools from TX...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"news" stories online the stanley tool plant they spent $90 million on in tx is now closed so all those people wanting new MIA craftsman tools are out of luck..glad i bought a bunch 15-20 years ago ,, i have a 5 gallon bucket full of extra sockets,all craftsman MIA..

Last edited:

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve always been a fan of Craftsman tools, but the Lowes Craftsman aren’t the same as Sears Craftsman. My luck has been just as good with Harbor Freight tools as it has with Lowes Craftsman.
yep me too. especially if you opt for the slightly better more expensive ones from HF. at least as far as hand tools wrenches sockets etc are concerned i purchased a HF engine driven air compressor that has held up real good and i buy the 2 inch pumps for feed water etc and have yet to fail one. same with the preditor gens and engines

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve always been a fan of Craftsman tools, but the Lowes Craftsman aren’t the same as Sears Craftsman. My luck has been just as good with Harbor Freight tools as it has with Lowes Craftsman.
I’d put the high end Harbor Freight (can’t remember the brand) against Snap On or Proto now days. When I went to the dues paying side of the millwright world they would give me no end of crap for my entire box not being Proto, Starett, Klein etc.. Now that most of those brands have off shored I just go for the most juice per squeeze and everyone can go suck it. If they want to supply my box I’ll turn whatever wrench they supply

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m gonna catch a lot of crap for this, but I’m not a big fan of craftsman. Even back in the Sears days. The only thing worth buying was the wrenches. The ratchets and sockets are crap, can’t count how many ratchet gears I’ve stripped out or sockets I’ve cracked. Wasn’t very impressed with the screwdrivers either. Across the board, there are/were better options for anything craftsman sells, at a similar price. And that lifetime warranty doesn’t do you a lot of good when you’re hundreds of miles away from a Sears/Lowe’s or when you can’t afford to put the job on pause because the tool broke.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m gonna catch a lot of crap for this, but I’m not a big fan of craftsman. Even back in the Sears days. The only thing worth buying was the wrenches. The ratchets and sockets are crap, can’t count how many ratchet gears I’ve stripped out or sockets I’ve cracked. Wasn’t very impressed with the screwdrivers either. Across the board, there are/were better options for anything craftsman sells, at a similar price. And that lifetime warranty doesn’t do you a lot of good when you’re hundreds of miles away from a Sears/Lowe’s or when you can’t afford to put the job on pause because the tool broke.
Lowes/Craftsman warranty is a joke. I have a broke ratchet right now that they won’t warranty in my local store. I can mail it in or some BS like that, but the local Sear store used to just give you a new one off the shelf and handle whatever the warranty process was themselves.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lowes/Craftsman warranty is a joke. I have a broke ratchet right now that they won’t warranty in my local store. I can mail it in or some BS like that, but the local Sear store used to just give you a new one off the shelf and handle whatever the warranty process was themselves.
It’s not exactly a morally upstanding thing to do, but I would just go to the store, but the same exact model, and then “return it for being broken”.

Latest posts

Top Bottom