No Craftsman USA tools from TX...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yep me too. especially if you opt for the slightly better more expensive ones from HF. at least as far as hand tools wrenches sockets etc are concerned i purchased a HF engine driven air compressor that has held up real good and i buy the 2 inch pumps for feed water etc and have yet to fail one. same with the preditor gens and engines
Is that the central pneumatic compressor? I’ve seen them on clearance for quite a while and can buy one for 40% off so it would cost about $1200. It’s a tool that I’d rather buy once cry once so I’ve been on the fence about it.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s not exactly a morally upstanding thing to do, but I would just go to the store, but the same exact model, and then “return it for being broken”.
Try going in without a receipt and wanting to exchange broken tool and they wont do it. So you buy a new tool same kind and then you have a receipt except you have two like tools.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s funny. Years ago I had a die maker worked for me that came out of a tool forging shop. He said they made Blue Point, Proto, Snap On, one I can’t remember and Craftsmen under the same roof. The far east has stolen or bought enough metallurgical technology from us to run neck and neck. Now days it comes down to ergos and finishing.

Before Sears tanked I bought some ratchets that are pure joy to use. Fine tooth mechanisms with great designs that distribute the load nicely across your hand. Easy and secure directional switching and they’ll hold a socket until you twist the earth off axis. The high end Taiwanese stuff at Harbor Freight is a very nice emulation of the art of design.

I bought a couple of swivel head 3/4” breaker bars, because I layed one down and couldn’t remember where. For 59 bucks they haven’t even scratched and if I do ever manage to screw it up I just take it in and they’ll hand me another.

jeepjackazz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Snap on makes it easy to get upside down with the truck guy. When you step off the truck you’re on the hook for enough to buy the wrench in your hand and the next two replacements.

You pay for the quality and service, my dealer will be here Thursday morning, or calls to let me know otherwise. I could totally buy the williams wrench (same) but i doubt a guy from williams will be by to service the drawer slides on my box, check or repair tools, and fix my broken ones.

Anyone who is irresponsible with credit or money will be upside down, snap on truck credit with the owner is zero interest... snap on credit line credit is high interest... i pay no interest, and payments are not fixed.... may be different if your tool dealer is a prick, or you miss payments, or dodge the guy...

i should mention that i depend on mine to make a living, if your just putting chains back on bikes, or shade tree wrenching, then anything will work for ya. i own plenty of other branded tools in various trucks, boxes, houses etc, knowing how to use a tool properly makes up for alot of what is construed as a poor quality tool.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
You pay for the quality and service, my dealer will be here Thursday morning, or calls to let me know otherwise. I could totally buy the williams wrench (same) but i doubt a guy from williams will be by to service the drawer slides on my box, check or repair tools, and fix my broken ones.

Anyone who is irresponsible with credit or money will be upside down, snap on truck credit with the owner is zero interest... snap on credit line credit is high interest... i pay no interest, and payments are not fixed.... may be different if your tool dealer is a prick, or you miss payments, or dodge the guy...

i should mention that i depend on mine to make a living, if your just putting chains back on bikes, or shade tree wrenching, then anything will work for ya. i own plenty of other branded tools in various trucks, boxes, houses etc, knowing how to use a tool properly makes up for alot of what is construed as a poor quality tool.
Those Williams super combos are the best made wrenches on the planet though. I may be a little biased though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom