"No Gun" Sign on Websites?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going on a Married Couples get away this weekend to the Quartz Mountain Resort in OK. In the event of a person with a CCL going to an unknown place, I searched the website for rules or regulations and could not find any. Does this mean when I arrive, I should not be surprised with a "No Gun" sign?
There's a large group traveling together on a bus and I would be stranded with no place for gun storage (except the bus I guess).
I've contemplated calling, but it's always awkward asking If they allow weapons on their premises, sometimes it even starts something that we may not want started.
1) Has anyone been to this resort? Does it have a "No Gun" Sign?

2) Should resorts or any place like this, post this restriction on their website? I'm sure it's not legally required-yet...

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never been to the resort but some things to consider.......

1) For legal purposes, a hotel room is considered your temporary residence for the purposes of the 4th amendment, minus some minor issues. This is not true for the common areas.

2) A no gun sign doesn't even mean anything in Oklahoma because a representative for the business has to ask you to leave. It's really just an FYI for what they will do if they notice.

3) Concealed means just what it says.

Michael Brown

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stock answer: concealed means concealed.

Do what you feel you need to do. If you call you can *guarantee* that they will have a no-guns policy. . .even if they didn't before you called.

Talacker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does the fact that the hotel is owned by the state complicate matters? I don't know if the same "rules" would apply as with a truly private business.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been to QMR twice for conferences and have taken a handgun with me both times. I did not see any postings or rules to prohibit it. I did not carry during daily activities as a personal choice/comfort issue. The location is so isolated that I consider the likelihood of trouble coming to find you is very low.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been to QMR twice for conferences and have taken a handgun with me both times. I did not see any postings or rules to prohibit it. I did not carry during daily activities as a personal choice/comfort issue. The location is so isolated that I consider the likelihood of trouble coming to find you is very low.

Workplace violence is increasing now a days....:)

progun40

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

1) For legal purposes, a hotel room is considered your temporary residence for the purposes of the 4th amendment, minus some minor issues. This is not true for the common areas.

2) A no gun sign doesn't even mean anything in Oklahoma because a representative for the business has to ask you to leave. It's really just an FYI for what they will do if they notice.

Michael Brown

+1 well said Mr. Brown :thumbup3:

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The location is so isolated that I consider the likelihood of trouble coming to find you is very low.

What this also means is that IF there is trouble, LE response time will be significantly longer. What's the saying?...When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

Micheal Brown gives very good advice.

thayton

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Michael Brown

Always to the point, well said

Latest posts

Top Bottom