No Gun Sign

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A bit off topic but we went to the Sandbass Festival in Madill last month. As we were filling up on corndogs awaiting the concert to start I noticed one of those blood collection RVs and since it has been a looong time since I gave blood I walked over to it. Just as I was reading the no gun sign on the door one of the blood suckers happened to step out. "You interested in giving blood today?" she asked with a big smile. At that point I told her I'd love to do my part but I reckon they'd have to come out in the heat and drain me in the parking lot because I was carrying.

SHe looked at me for a moment (I guess to let that sink in) then replied, "If it don't bother you it don't bather us, we were just told to put the sign on there. No one told us we had to obey it." Me: "I love Oklahoma, let's do this thang!".

Unfortunately, it seems the places I travel prevent me from giving blood.

Interesting side note: When they pulled my records she informed me the last time I gave blood was when I was stationed at K2 Air Base in South Korea in 1988. That really impressed me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom