No Guns sign specs ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea i definately agree they need a standardized sign like that of the legal age to buy tobacco and acohol placed on the front door of the establishment or at the counter by the dorr.

I don't want standardized signs...I like it to be a legal gray area. Standardizing the signs takes all the question out of it.

As it is, I may or may not see the sign, may or may not recognize it for what it is and it is not clearly spelled out that I must recognize it.

The legal ramifications of ignoring the random signs don't outweigh the personal/physical ramifications if I should be caught unarmed in the establishment at a time when I needed to be armed.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't want standardized signs...I like it to be a legal gray area. Standardizing the signs takes all the question out of it.

As it is, I may or may not see the sign, may or may not recognize it for what it is and it is not clearly spelled out that I must recognize it.

The legal ramifications of ignoring the random signs don't outweigh the personal/physical ramifications if I should be caught unarmed in the establishment at a time when I needed to be armed.

+1000

I suspect that this may be deliberate, it's been that way since the inception of the SDA they've lots of other minor tweaks, don't give the anti's any ideas.

Our current signage status let's the anti's feel warm and fuzzy, yet leaves us some wiggle room.

Like everbody says you are responsible for knowing the law as dry and boring as it is read and re read the sda act and burn into memory the places you are statutorily forbidden from carrying and for everything else remember concealed is concealed.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1000

I suspect that this may be deliberate, it's been that way since the inception of the SDA they've lots of other minor tweaks, don't give the anti's any ideas.

Our current signage status let's the anti's feel warm and fuzzy, yet leaves us some wiggle room.

Like everbody says you are responsible for knowing the law as dry and boring as it is read and re read the sda act and burn into memory the places you are statutorily forbidden from carrying and for everything else remember concealed is concealed.

you guys made a good point i didnt think to look at it that way, i guess i got caught up in the cut and dry mentality of it all. Either way i agree if i can carry in more places then thats better for me if something were to happen and the need of a firearm presented itself.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What sign?

Is there a sign?

Are you going to take the time while walking in a group and say wait I need to read all the signs on the door? Some doors on these 7/11s have many signs all over them. Then you need to walk out to your car and some way remove your weapon without someone seeing it or that could be called branishing it. Catch 22

OologahBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Except for the places that you are not legally able to carry a weapon into i take my gun everywhere just cause they have a sign that says no guns allowed means nothing that is there wish but it is not the law to me means they cant see it i dont have it

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

....x2

unless I am in Texas

For me CCW is not always about the destination but the journey. IE.. the state fair. Police were everywhere inside you might not want to be confuse for a BG. But I didn't see them patrolling the parking lot.

And I have more peace of mind knowing its on me and not in my car where some criminal broke into it they will become a armed criminal with my pistol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom