No Guns sign specs ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willnotgoquietly

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do businesses in Oklahoma have to post no guns signs that conform to any specs? I looked through the SDA and could not find anything about this but seem to remember something in my CCW class.

I remark on this because I do look hard for any signs in places that I go but some places have signs that are small, and or hard to see. For example, have you been to the asian market in OKC around 23rd / Classin street. They have a mixed sign of knife and gun, very small and almost the same color as the door glass. I've been there several times and last time was the fist time I actually saw it.

PS: The armed guard by the front door would have been a lot of help if you could tear him away from the football game that was on his personal TV.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do businesses in Oklahoma have to post no guns signs that conform to any specs? . . .

There is no official spec's because signs are not required by OK statutes. Places in Oklahoma that you may not carry by statute were gone over in detail (I hope) in your SDA class; those places are not required by law to even post "no guns".

willnotgoquietly

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. I'm clear on the official places in the SDA, but try to honor the business that post signs. Not a big deal but if a business wants to keep the CCW guys out, then they should have a sign that we can see. In general when I see the sign they don't get my business. I really see very few signs. My friends in the twin cities say in MN the signs are up everywhere.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friends in the twin cities say in MN the signs are up everywhere.

...yankees... lol

I either A) don't give them any business or B) walk right on past it. Concealed is concealed.

The only reason I don't carry in places where it is prohibited by law is because of the penalties. If the penalties were just a tad less severe, I'd just say screw it, tbh.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those businesses (not prohibited by statute) who choose to post "no guns" certainly may do so. I, as a consumer with money to spend, may choose where I go to spend that money. "No guns sign = no bucks from me."

There are few ordinary businesses in Oklahoma these days with the "no guns" signs.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those businesses (not prohibited by statute) who choose to post "no guns" certainly may do so. I, as a consumer with money to spend, may choose where I go to spend that money. "No guns sign = no bucks from me."

There are few ordinary businesses in Oklahoma these days with the "no guns" signs.

I couldn't agree with you more. That being said, I wish OK had a standard sign to be posted if a business wishes to do so. It would be easier to avoid such establishments. TX has a state required no CHL sign (ironically the 30.06). It is a state designed sign that must be posted within guidelines near the business that will not allow concealed carry.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea i definately agree they need a standardized sign like that of the legal age to buy tobacco and acohol placed on the front door of the establishment or at the counter by the dorr.

I'll be taking my class this month and sending off the paperwork so just trying to gather as much info as possible before i start carrying in public.

Latest posts

Top Bottom