No more Boomer, no more Sooner allowed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not offended. The cows.......maybe. I distanced myself from the Cowboy name long ago. There are many that claim it that ain't no cowboy. This is why I have the user name I have. Putting on some wranglers and sliding around a dance floor is evidently what cowboys do. But, me, Cowcatcher, the name has no room for boot scootin and big wallets sticking out the back pocket. Cowchit, afterbirth and ropeburns instead of starched up clothes, shined boots and fancy dancing.
Your going to offend someone lol

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Undergraduate Student Congress is all you need to read to not be entirely shocked by this . . . these student groups are often given too much "power" and it goes straight to their heads.
As I mentioned in another thread about those yahoos in SGA, that whole roaring dumpster fire exists for the sole purpose of keeping the Greeks busy at something that won't get them in trouble (largely because only Greeks and first semester freshmen gave a rodent's behind about it). For the rest of us, it was just a joke with a really, really bad punch line.

If they'd actually managed to accomplish any of the incredibly moronic things they've tried to do over the years, the commuter students (which accounted for at least 3/4 of the student body, last I checked) would've ridden them out of Norman on a rail and the alumni would've stopped writing checks. This particular piece of idiocy won't go anywhere, either, but it was apparently successful in getting the little sh*t for brains narcissist the attention it so desperately wanted.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We can't fly the Confederate Flag, saying the Pledge of Allegiance is offensive, flying the American Flag is offensive, prayer is offensive, everyone gets their feelings hurt on something but some of this stuff is made up on the spur of the moment and childish. We won WWII and put up a stiff fight in Korea and Vietnam and didn't have all this PC material to deal with. It's getting to where a guy can't be proud of anything and if we can't be proud of something, we'll be looking for something to fill that void. We're neutered!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nah I'm good. Lol

I'm not offended. The cows.......maybe. I distanced myself from the Cowboy name long ago. There are many that claim it that ain't no cowboy. This is why I have the user name I have. Putting on some wranglers and sliding around a dance floor is evidently what cowboys do. But, me, Cowcatcher, the name has no room for boot scootin and big wallets sticking out the back pocket. Cowchit, afterbirth and ropeburns instead of starched up clothes, shined boots and fancy dancing.

Holy crap, you just described me and why I hate the “I’m a cowboy” because of your boots that are shined and don’t have cow crap on the heel while wearing your caboy (not misspelled) hat with stripper glitter on it talking in a twang.
I think that’s why I dislike country music so much.
Don’t ranch or farm any more. The real farmers and ranch hands are taking care of that for me these days. Retirement Rocks!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay what I really don't understand is why now we have Indians Native Americans and Mexicans dressed as cowboys. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Actually they have a genuine history in ranching/farming along with the black Americans after the war between the states.
Most cowboy equipment is utilitarian in its design. Hats were to shed rain and shield from the sun. Slickers were rain coats not fashion items, boots were to keep the brush being ridden through from ripping up the legs.
Urban caboys and cow chicks use them as fashion statements now.
That’s ok. Some of the cow chick fashions look really nice. [emoji12]

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was always told that if you want to find the intellectually challenged individuals with particularly low IQs in a room, yell Boomer, they'll answer you. How am I to perform this now?:anyone::rotflmao:

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah I'm good. Lol

Well said

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma student gov ditches ‘Boomer’ and ‘Sooner’ for more ‘sensitive’ words.

The University of Oklahoma has traditionally used various combinations of the words “Boomer” and “Sooner” in nicknames, mascots, and chants.
The words refer to early Oklahoma settlers, but some say they are offensive to Native Americans.
In light of this claim, the student government is making an effort to remove any reference to the words in their operations.

According to the OU Daily, the Undergraduate Student Congress met Nov. 12 to mandate a name change for the “Sooner Freshman Council”, citing the words “boomer” and “sooner” as offensive to the Native American community.

The bill asserts that the word “Sooner” is “harmful to those who identify American Indian, or of Native/Indigenous descent,” and that on-campus groups need to pick a more “sensitive” name within the first two weeks of fall 2020 semester.

Read more: https://campusreform.org/?ID=14011

Here’s hoping the marching band gets the memo...just saying...for a friend...

Latest posts

Top Bottom