Non- 1911 .45 Acp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kahr CW45, P45, or TP45. All DAO, all single stack, none of them Glocks.

I'm big on Kahrs, so I'll let others come up with alternatives.

-edit-

The only one of my suggestions you'll find for less than $500 (new at least) is the CW45, but it gives up nothing in terms of reliability to the others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kahr CW45, P45, or TP45. All DAO, all single stack, none of them Glocks.

I'm big on Kahrs, so I'll let others come up with alternatives.

-edit-

The only one of my suggestions you'll find for less than $500 (new at least) is the CW45, but it gives up nothing in terms of reliability to the others.

The Kahr's aren't Double-action - they just have a very long stiff trigger - once you drop the striker, you can't pull it again.

The Sig P220 is a classic (and if you're in the polymer camp, but not a glock fan, check out the HK or FN 45 models).

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Kahr's aren't Double-action - they just have a very long stiff trigger - once you drop the striker, you can't pull it again.

The Sig P220 is a classic (and if you're in the polymer camp, but not a glock fan, check out the HK or FN 45 models).

They're not a true double action only but for all intents and purposes they're generally considered double action. Glocks are the exact same, i.e. without second-strike capability. If I get a failure to fire anywhere but the range I'm gonna tap-rack-boom, not click-click-click.

The only true DAO striker fired pistols I know of are Taurus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom