Non Sunday 3-gun??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdcrig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm really considering getting into 3-gun matches but am having trouble finding matches that don't happen on Sundays. Are there any Saturday 3-gun matches? Church is kind of a priority on Sundays. Thanks guys.

Slammer

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
2300 N Lincoln Blvd, OKlahoma City, OK 73105
Jesus actually shoots 3 gun with us. I think his last name is Cazares. Great guy!

Seriously though there are a bunch of other great matches every Saturday so in order to draw enough shooters for a match at 3 gun it has to be on a Sunday when the guys are not shooting other matches.

3 gun is only one Sunday a month. Getcha some church on another night that week.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm really considering getting into 3-gun matches but am having trouble finding matches that don't happen on Sundays. Are there any Saturday 3-gun matches? Church is kind of a priority on Sundays. Thanks guys.

It is not a 3-gun match, but Oil Capital has a practical defensive rifle match on the first Saturday of each month. It would be quite a way for you to drive (just east of Tulsa), but is a fun match. I have been to two and there are usually 5 stages, with one or two including transition from rifle to pistol. The next one is Dec 4.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

i feel ya man, i am in the same boat, that is one of the main reasons i haven't pursued 3 gun more...

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There aren't hardly any local 3-gun matches, period. When we do get them, you got to take advantage of it.

Josh is doing the rifle match at USSA now and we'll have a monthly rifle match in Arcadia starting next year. You get a little bit of practical shotgunning at the monthly Pro Am and of course you can shoot USPSA handgun just about every weekend.

It's unfortunate that shotgun stuff is few and far between because I think it's the most fun. There's nothing like loading a Benelli to the brim and emptying it in about 2 seconds. Gun manipulation, loading, and going 1 for 1 are the name of the game. Shooting slugs at small targets at 50-100 yards is icing on the cake. It tests the shooters in ways that the other platforms don't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom