Norris Marine repair/service reviews, or boat mechanic recommendations Moore/Norman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I need to take my new to me boat to get looked over during the winter months so I don't have to mess with anything during the summer, it is leaking red fluid (steering, hydraulic, not sure) and I really just want a thorough look through to make sure there is nothing else wrong with it, I have used the Fun boat store and they did not impress me, only fixed half of what was supposed to be fixed (charged correctly though) and would not call me at all to update me (had the boat 4 months). So Norris Marine is next on my list, any reviews? Experience? Or other recommendations in the Moore/Norman area? Thanks in advance. Oh yeah, it is a 2001 Four Winns 170LE...

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try the boat shop at about the 2400 block North Janeway in Moore. The always treated me fair on any repairs over the years.

I would not recommend them. They did not fix all the issues when they worked on the family boat and we spent the weekend fixing everything that wasnt instead of enjoying the lake. Usually during the summer, you will find a ton of posts on craigslists warning to stay away from them.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try the boat shop at about the 2400 block North Janeway in Moore. The always treated me fair on any repairs over the years.

Thanks for your input

I would not recommend them. They did not fix all the issues when they worked on the family boat and we spent the weekend fixing everything that wasnt instead of enjoying the lake. Usually during the summer, you will find a ton of posts on craigslists warning to stay away from them.

But this is unfortunate, I forgot to mention that the reason I am asking is because the shop I just got the boat from didn't fix everything they were supposed to either, so I'm 0-2 in the 1.5 years I have been in the boat owning world, this is the reason I asked specifically about Norris because I thought maybe a larger company may be more professional and do what they are asked as opposed to the good ol boy shops, which I prefer most of the time, but apparently not in the boating world, OK rant over, any more experience or reviews are welcome!

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a new 20' Crownline from Norris, and they got to work on it twice before I had to find a different marina.

I've used Nichols ever since my first experience with them. They are off Hwy 9 south of Norman and north of Noble. No complaints on the work, and they haven't screwed up any of my upholstery or gotten grease all over my carpet, or bent a bimini pole, or screwed up my trailer brakes.

You have to kinda of understand the boat mechanic business, most are way backlogged, and don't like to work on boats they didn't sell. Nichols has always treated me with respect and courtesy. They are the only shop in the metro I'd recommend. I used several before I found those guys. Nobody else works on my boat now.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah oh! I feel your pain. You know what boat stands for?
"Bust out another thousand!"

The last boat I had I really enjoyed and did most of the maintenance and what nots but it seemed like a big hole on the water I threw money into. Would like to get another one day if I new either myself or the boat wasn't cursed.

Sorry I haven't been much help. Hope you find a good shop.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a new 20' Crownline from Norris, and they got to work on it twice before I had to find a different marina.

I've used Nichols ever since my first experience with them. They are off Hwy 9 south of Norman and north of Noble. No complaints on the work, and they haven't screwed up any of my upholstery or gotten grease all over my carpet, or bent a bimini pole, or screwed up my trailer brakes.

You have to kinda of understand the boat mechanic business, most are way backlogged, and don't like to work on boats they didn't sell. Nichols has always treated me with respect and courtesy. They are the only shop in the metro I'd recommend. I used several before I found those guys. Nobody else works on my boat now.

OK, glad to have another option, only reason I didn't ask about them is because their website doesn't mention service/repair!

If you want it done right you got to do it yourself!

My thoughts exactly, usually, when referring to a non-computerized auto, maybe in a few years when I'm more familiar with boats and the drive workings...

Ah oh! I feel your pain. You know what boat stands for?
"Bust out another thousand!"

The last boat I had I really enjoyed and did most of the maintenance and what nots but it seemed like a big hole on the water I threw money into. Would like to get another one day if I new either myself or the boat wasn't cursed.

Sorry I haven't been much help. Hope you find a good shop.

Me too, and hope after I get it in good working order this spring, I won't need to keep using one!

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I hate to keep raining on this parade (or post as it is) but the post above about doing it yourself is right. I do have a recommendation for a shop out towards Tuttle, CJS Automotive and Marine. Good guys and they both have boats of there own. They do all of the major things that I don't want to attack. I have a 1997 Crownline that I bought in Tulsa, and the only thing I have used Norris for is getting parts from Crownline. Have had too many stories told to me about Norris. As a mater of fact, I know a guy that has a 22 foot Crownline that he takes to Texas to have things done because he dislikes Norris so much.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one that I tinker with. You should post the problem or pics. Never know when someone on here could help!!

I'm semi familiar with mercruiser bravo ones, and mercruiser engines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom