Norris Marine repair/service reviews, or boat mechanic recommendations Moore/Norman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lewisville? Geez, of course that is understandable for a Baja, fortunately for me I think I figured out my "leak" and it's a non-issue so just a good look through is all I'll need hopefully, but you are right about the selection around here from what I can tell anyways, we have all sorts of RV and auto dealers with good service reputations, but seems like it is a crapshoot for boats dangit!

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont have the Baja anymore this is for work on my 22' 2008 Centurion Avalanche. Having some custom audio work done and needing to have the floor rebuilt to make room, not going to trust that kind of work to just anyone! If we lived closer to Texhoma or Grand there are also a ton of reputable guys there, but we are stuck with what we have here in the metro..

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
-----oh yeah, the dealer I got the boat from is closed so I can't ask, but since the power steering reservoir is COMPLETELY empty, I'm thinking maybe it is because they emptied it as part of the winterization process, and just did it the lazy way and didn't get it all out, I say this because I tried to track down a leak for hours today and couldn't find where it could be coming from, no drips on the hoses, trickles down the side of the compartment or anything, just the pool in the bottom...

I only want to point this out so that you are not surprised if this is the case, but the power steering system on a Mercruiser has a tube in the back that the lines run through that is used to cool the fluid. This tube has fresh water running through it, so if there was a chance that someone did not know about this and winterized the boat and left water inside this, it could have froze and broke. Highly unlikely, and I don't know if the Volvo's are the same, but something to take a look at.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont have the Baja anymore this is for work on my 22' 2008 Centurion Avalanche. Having some custom audio work done and needing to have the floor rebuilt to make room, not going to trust that kind of work to just anyone! If we lived closer to Texhoma or Grand there are also a ton of reputable guys there, but we are stuck with what we have here in the metro..

Too bad they didn't make T-Bird and Arcadia bigger to attract better shops here too eh?

I only want to point this out so that you are not surprised if this is the case, but the power steering system on a Mercruiser has a tube in the back that the lines run through that is used to cool the fluid. This tube has fresh water running through it, so if there was a chance that someone did not know about this and winterized the boat and left water inside this, it could have froze and broke. Highly unlikely, and I don't know if the Volvo's are the same, but something to take a look at.

Geez I hope not!

Latest posts

Top Bottom