North Korea's hydrogen bomb test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, the world picks up a 5.6 or some such magnitude quake in N. Korea and their response is "yup, we just detonated a nuke"

reminds of the old guy that farts and says "did you see the size of that barking spider?"

You guys think they really have a big boy toy now? Yes, I know they've lit the fuse on smaller bombs in the past (4 I think, in total) but this bomb appears to have a higher pay grade.

What say you, OSA?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw something about it on TV tonight, but didn't catch the bomb part. Thought it was just another earthquake that they have in that area frequently without fracing.

Sorry about the misdirect.......

North and South Korea have a huge history of sabre Rattling. I'm hoping this is what is going on.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1994: "This is a good deal... the North Koreans will freeze and dismantle their nuclear weapons program...." President William Clinton

Last edited by a moderator:

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Saw something about it on TV tonight, but didn't catch the bomb part. Thought it was just another earthquake that they have in that area frequently without fracing.

Sorry about the misdirect.......

North and South Korea have a huge history of sabre Rattling. I'm hoping this is what is going on.

Same here. IF it's true, the world will be forced to look upon NK in a different light. Of course, having a nuke, having an ICBM and then mating the two are three seperate tasks, of which NK may only have one. Their missile program is the laughing stock of the militarized world. The big fear is that this becomes a repeatable test, they then have a marketable product and we all know they are hurting for money. I bet the Korean Brat gets a cal from ISIS eventually if they really have a nuke.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here. IF it's true, the world will be forced to look upon NK in a different light. Of course, having a nuke, having an ICBM and then mating the two are three seperate tasks, of which NK may only have one. Their missile program is the laughing stock of the militarized world. The big fear is that this becomes a repeatable test, they then have a marketable product and we all know they are hurting for money. I bet the Korean Brat gets a cal from ISIS eventually if they really have a nuke.

If I read right, they are the biggest seller of enriched uranium? I'll have to look further. Its late and I'm heading for the sack.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked up the epicenter of that quake and it is surprisingly close to a nuclear test facility, maybe they are telling the truth.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just watched news reports on this. Japan sent fighter jets as close as they could get and did not detect abnormal radiation levels.
Seismograph signatures of the event don't match those of a hydrogen bomb test.
Something exploded, that's a gimme, but it doesn't appear to be a hydrogen bomb.

Latest posts

Top Bottom