Not A Good Thing To See

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Forgot to unhook the hose on the nw corner of the house. DAMMIT!
ai977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_PC120136.jpg

six shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yep sucks for you it busted for sure.But the lucky break is you do not have to dig anything up just untwist it and put another on. Just make sure when it thaws that yopu watch it really close my uncle had that happen to him he thought it was just outside and it was the pipe inside that busted when it froze from leaving the hose hooked up ans it flooded his house .

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just put on my little styrofoam cover things last night when I heard it was going to be friggin 8000 below.

Sucks. Hope it's not too much trouble for ya.

kwinok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did not have one freeze but a word of caution if you have to replace the valve. I was changing out one on my house shortly after we bought it and when I started to unscrew it I could tell it was not turning like is should! I had to go to the inside wall and cut a hole to see what was going on. The excelent, caring craftsmen (or women) that installed the faucet when building the house FAILED to secure the pipe stub and elbow to the stud!! This allowed the entire elbow to twist the supply pipe. Changed a hour update to a day and a half repair!!!

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that looks fairly new, I bet it is not busted. Not that I have any experiance, just an optimist. But arent the new once freeze proof?
so it froze the water in your hose, as it froze it overflowed the hose bib, don't think it would go into the bib though would it?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
that looks fairly new, I bet it is not busted. Not that I have any experiance, just an optimist. But arent the new once freeze proof?
so it froze the water in your hose, as it froze it overflowed the hose bib, don't think it would go into the bib though would it?

kinda hope thats what happened. as the water in the hose froze it backed up and came out the freeze cap. i have replaced the other one on the house but usually take extra precautions with this one just cause where its located. got busy doing some other things and it slipped my mind. i'm a painter/dry waller by trade and usually open up a little hole to check and see if i got a good seal or not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom