"Not responsible for vehicle damage" signs on trucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This....

But if you are using a safe following distance the odds of catching a rock to the windshield is pretty low. I have noticed most driver don't understand the concept of safe following distance. I had a lady call in on me because I straddled a road gator(a piece of a blown out tire) and she was too close behind me, and guess what, she couldn't straddle it. I guess it messed her Prius up pretty good.

I call BS. I've been in the other lane and had rocks hit my windshield. No one can control traffic in the other lane or vehicles changing lanes too close in front of you. I try to avoid getting near rock trucks at all costs, even if it means drastically reducing my speed. I won't even pass them in the other lane these days. I still have them come whipping past me and they frequently change lanes as if they're the only ones on the road.

I think the quarry should pay to have the roadway swept frequently. Everyone knows exactly where all that gravel is coming from. :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WAIT - insurance is required in OKLAHOMA - damn I knew I was forgetting something

Insurance is only required to obtain a tag for your vehicle.
The policy can be canceled the day after, get a refund, and drive right on down the road, untill you get a traffic stop, or be involved in an accident. Then you get a tiny fine that in most cases is less than the insurance cost.

Go get another policy, take it to the judge, get the accident case dismissed on grounds, that "they didn't know it had lapsed", and walk out of court, leaving the victim with no way to recover their losses.

Ask me how I know this:censored::censored:

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The policy can be canceled the day after, get a refund, and drive right on down the road, untill you get a traffic stop, or be involved in an accident. Then you get a tiny fine that in most cases is less than the insurance cost.

Go get another policy, take it to the judge, get the accident case dismissed on grounds, that "they didn't know it had lapsed", and walk out of court, leaving the victim with no way to recover their losses.

Ask me how I know this:censored::censored:

I thought that changed this year Dennis. . .I heard that now if you get caught driving uninsured, your vehicle gets impounded. Which I would dearly love to see an insurance checkpoint here in North Tulsa, but Tulsa doesn't have an impound yard big enough.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought that changed this year Dennis. . .I heard that now if you get caught driving uninsured, your vehicle gets impounded. Which I would dearly love to see an insurance checkpoint here in North Tulsa, but Tulsa doesn't have an impound yard big enough.

This happened to me a couple of years ago. Yes the law has been changed so that an LEO can verify insurance by running the tag, but it really hasn't changed anything. They can still get a license, and drop the insurance afterward.
I'd like to see our insurance commission make it a law that if you bought insurance, it could not be dropped.
If a vehicle owner gets their car totaled out, and the insurance company verifies that it is inoperable, then a refund could be issued.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Insurance isn't even required at all, just proof of financial responsibility to pay for damages in cases of negligence.

This is usually a liability policy of at least the limits specified by DPS, but one can also self insure ( http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=82217 ) OR EVEN deposit money directly to the DPS ( http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=82205 ) to be held in escrow for the purpose of paying claims should they occur.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what about salt trucks??

I had one of those guys cut me off one time and start dumping. The streets weren't icy yet, though I understand they wanted to get a jump on things. Still, a little common courtesy, and give me time to slow down before you send shards of salt flying at a customer's car. Yeah I was working as a auto tech at the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom