"Not responsible for vehicle damage" signs on trucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I miss living in FL. Windshield glass replaced free, your insurance is billed. My rates never went up.

Yea, I miss Florida also, had two windshields on my Jeep replaced at no cost to me(that also means no rate increase).

Worked at the Ang Base off of 46th North and live in South Broken Arrow had to drive 169 everyday. Gravel haulers driving like idiots every time I got on to go to work or come home. My Chevy pickup finally had enough and had to have the glass replaced. Was talking to the glass guy while he was replacing it and he said let me guess you have to drive on 169. I said yep how did you know. 90% of my customers drive on it and the gravel trucks are ALL the blame. It was even worst on my motorcycle. I could see the rocks fling down the road toward me. Yes something needs to be done. Sounds like a great idea for the TV stations, they are always looking for stores. Dump trucks:finger:

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
had one crack my windshield... tracked the truck down... got his company info, he claimed to have left his insurance info at home.
didn't call the cops because I didn't want to cause him more grief.

next day when I called his home office... he deny everything.
they refused to pay anything... in hindsight... should have called the cops and forced him to show insurance info.

They always lie and say it must have come from the road and they're not responsible for road debris. They fail to mention that all that road debris initially fell off one of their trucks. It pisses me off to no end that OHP doesn't sit just past 46th St. N. on Hwy 169 every day, cause they could cite half of all the dump trucks coming from the rock quarry. I have THREE trashed windshields as a result of their malfeasance! :mad:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Insurance isn't even required at all, just proof of financial responsibility to pay for damages in cases of negligence.

This is usually a liability policy of at least the limits specified by DPS, but one can also self insure ( http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=82217 ) OR EVEN deposit money directly to the DPS ( http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=82205 ) to be held in escrow for the purpose of paying claims should they occur.

Your correct. I should have said liability.
Most individuals don't have enough assets to self insure, but lots of companies go that route.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, I miss Florida also, had two windshields on my Jeep replaced at no cost to me(that also means no rate increase).

Worked at the Ang Base off of 46th North and live in South Broken Arrow had to drive 169 everyday. Gravel haulers driving like idiots every time I got on to go to work or come home. My Chevy pickup finally had enough and had to have the glass replaced. Was talking to the glass guy while he was replacing it and he said let me guess you have to drive on 169. I said yep how did you know. 90% of my customers drive on it and the gravel trucks are ALL the blame. It was even worst on my motorcycle. I could see the rocks fling down the road toward me. Yes something needs to be done. Sounds like a great idea for the TV stations, they are always looking for stores. Dump trucks:finger:

Florida requires all open loads to be tarped too....run an uncovered truck and get caught... it's gonna cost you.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most individuals don't have enough assets to self insure, but lots of companies go that route.

Exactly :) I wished to point that out as many of the trucks people are griping about here could be self-insured. It's even a bigger pain as instead of simply asking for their carrier to pay you (who usually understands what happened), you're fighting with the idiots at the company directly.

fjtiii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got hit the other day by one. Sounded like it cracked the whole wind shield but got away with a chip. There goes another $55 repair. Hwy 169 is bad about that.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to see our insurance commission make it a law that if you bought insurance, it could not be dropped.

You're currently insured as long as you pay your premium which is perfectly fine by me.

So what you're saying is you want the government to tell you that once you start a subscription service you are no longer allowed to opt out of it?

Sign or no sign Its called unsecured cargo. It cost me 150 a few years ago.

And some municipalities are a little over the top about that... (6" of PVC pipe hanging over the tailgate of the truck... only got a warning, but it still cost me my time)

As an individual, it still makes more sense to purchase insurance if an insurance company will cover your car in most cases. As a business, though, the additional overhead of adding each individual driver to an insurance policy can be a royal PITA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom