Notebook and Info ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Ahnold and Martha Stewart made a baby, it wouldn't be as awesome as BB.

That would be one fugly baby ... :lookaroun

:lmfao: (I edited my post today ... and I'll add a new one for another tab ...) Sorry I'm so slow. I this is a chore for me ... LOL Mostly because it forces me to clean up my stuff. So ... Thanks EdmondMember, for making me get off my arse ... The dogs, however, are not so impressed ... Eagle is bumping my hand trying to get me to pet him. He's brought me every toy he owes ... NOW he's whining ... and he NEVER whines ... trying to get me to look at him ... LOL He's a GREAT dog ... :)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, guess I won't edit because the site won't let me edit ... so ... here are my additions ... in a "quoted" post ... Good Lord ... what a mess!! LOL

I could fill a library with the books I have, especially books about cooking, different kinds of whole food diets and food preservation. However, there are a few websites and books that I ALWAYS head to first when I have a question I need answered.

General Food Preparation

Websites: Dehydrate2Store
National Center for Home Food Preservation
Ball Canning
Morton Salt Meat Curing FAQs
NCHFP Curing and Smoking Meats for Home Preservation
Backbacking Chef

Preservation Techniques (Mind you these are not the only books I own, they are just the ones I spend a LOT of time with ... :D)

Canning -- Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving
Preserving Small Batches Year Round

Dehydrating -- Dehydrator Bible

Curing/Smoking -- Guide-Canning-Freezing-Curing-Smoking Meats
Charcuterie
Preserving Food Without Freezing or Canning

Baking (you HAD to know it was in here somewhere! :teehee:) -- The-Homemade-Pantry
Baking and Pastry: Mastering the Art and Craft, The Culinary Institutes of America
Artisan Bread In Five Minutes A Day

Recipes: Guys, this is gonna be harder to do than I originally thought. Maybe if there is a specific recipe you would like to have you can ask and I'll see if I have it. Otherwise, maybe I should work on putting a .pdf together, because typing them out here isn't gonna be feasible. Sorry.

Supply Inventory: This is a list of all the PORTABLE supplies I have for food prep if I should lose power, i.e., a Volcano, solar oven, amount of charcoal on hand, etc. This stuff is also on a checklist I have put together in case we need to grab and get, so to speak. That checklist is in the very front of my folder so I can get to it quick and make sure I have everything in the car before I leave. Note: I also try to keep everything that is on that master list pretty close to each other in storage so I don't have to run around like a chicken with my head cut off looking for stuff. I update this list every quarter, or if I make a big score! :)

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hint: store things in marked plastic totes. Makes buggin out faster and they stack easy in a truck. Just grab n go. I did that with most campin stuff, stove, plates, napkins, lantern ect.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lurker is right. The fewer things you have to grab when you are in a hurry, the less likely you are to forget something when you are in a hurry and under stress. This means that you will have to check every once in a while to make sure things are up-to-date.

Sorry guys, but in successful prepping there is no such thing as put it up and forget about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom