Now THIS is a Test Target

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely good! It was cool to read a first hand POV. I've never been to the shop, so it was neat to see...

It's really neat to see, if you ever get a chance to go, you should. If you find yourself without a ride or rider, lemme know, I'm always up for a trip back.

I'll send you a PM with more pictures...

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats interesting.

Not sure if that tells you more about the accuracy or of the marketing of the pistol.

I dunno. :) I know both shops I've been to shoot test targets until they get all three, five (or whatever) rounds touching.

IIRC, the guy pictured in my Wilson write up said he won't release a gun unless he can cover the group with a quarter.

But still... I could shoot a dozen targets from a sandbag and not have a target that looks like that. :)

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I dunno. :) I know both shops I've been to shoot test targets until they get all three, five (or whatever) rounds touching.

IIRC, the guy pictured in my Wilson write up said he won't release a gun unless he can cover the group with a quarter.

But still... I could shoot a dozen targets from a sandbag and not have a target that looks like that. :)

Do they tweak anything between shooting test targets?

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do they tweak anything between shooting test targets?

Do or will they? I'm sure they probably can.

The Wilson test shooter showed me his test fire procedure, and when he actually put it on paper (the first 40 or 50 rounds he just puts in the berm to test function), he adjusted the sights (on a REALLY neat bench mounted sight pusher which I've been trying to figure out how to fabricate since I saw it) as needed, then he concentrated on making some impressively small groups. But, he was shooting two at a time until he got one he was happy with. The particular CQB I watched him shoot only took two targets though.

MB1008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going through the paperwork on my new round-butt Wilson CQB:

And was amazed at the test target that came with it:

[Broken External Image]

I've seen tons of test targets, but honestly, this is the most impressive one I've seen... 5 shots from 45 feet in 1 hole.

Well, now I have no excuses with this .45!

It looks like it is shooting a hair to the left. :hey3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom