NRA Bump Stock Statement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read through the whole thing and I don't see where binary triggers meet any of their definitions or are even remotely mentioned in the article.

Binary triggers aren’t specifically mentioned, and one section discusses recoil being used to reset the trigger which would rule out BTs.

Towards the end, i think in the footnotes, the definition of trigger function is discussed. That is how they will go after BTs, at least the way I read it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We all knew what the outcome was gonna be. This is yet again more infringing upon the 2A. This is why I say writing and calling our reps does no good. The ONLY way we keep the 2A is to have armed resistance. They don’t need congress to infringe. They will just do it. And the government is gonna continue to do it because they know most gutless Americans won’t do a dang thing to stop it. By us letting this treason occur we are pissing on every soldier that gave their life for this nation. What are people gonna do when we have no guns anymore? Because when that happens we won’t have rights anymore. The government will take every single one of them away and there won’t be a single thing any of us can do about it. So keep on telling me nothing is gonna happen. It’s an election year. I am so sick of hearing that stupidity. That’s all it is. Because you would have to be stupid to think the government isnt actively working to take away the 2A. And if you think that Trump or the Republicans are help us you are really ignorant. And don’t get me started on the NRA. They just got what they wanted. They also got a whole bunch of new members as well. Their fear mongering sure does work.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We all knew what the outcome was gonna be. This is yet again more infringing upon the 2A. This is why I say writing and calling our reps does no good. The ONLY way we keep the 2A is to have armed resistance. They don’t need congress to infringe. They will just do it. And the government is gonna continue to do it because they know most gutless Americans won’t do a dang thing to stop it. By us letting this treason occur we are pissing on every soldier that gave their life for this nation. What are people gonna do when we have no guns anymore? Because when that happens we won’t have rights anymore. The government will take every single one of them away and there won’t be a single thing any of us can do about it. So keep on telling me nothing is gonna happen. It’s an election year. I am so sick of hearing that stupidity. That’s all it is. Because you would have to be stupid to think the government isnt actively working to take away the 2A. And if you think that Trump or the Republicans are help us you are really ignorant. And don’t get me started on the NRA. They just got what they wanted. They also got a whole bunch of new members as well. Their fear mongering sure does work.

Slow your roll there, Cowboy. Isn't the worst thing to happen, certainly nothing to get riled up over.

Last edited:

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Some folks don’t like that pesky “being necessary to the security of a free state” phrase.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Slow your roll there, Cowboy. Isn't the worst thing to happen, certainly nothing to get riled up over.

Nothing to get riled up over?? Are you freaking kidding me?? They are actively and unconstitutionally infringing on our 2A rights and you think it’s nothing to get riled up over. Obviously you are part of the problem with this nation and why the 2A has been eroded so badly. If this infringement doesn’t bother you and you think that infringing on he 2A is no big deal then you are part of the problem. ANY restrictions against the 2A should rile up everyone.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing to get riled up over?? Are you freaking kidding me?? They are actively and unconstitutionally infringing on our 2A rights and you think it’s nothing to get riled up over. Obviously you are part of the problem with this nation and why the 2A has been eroded so badly. If this infringement doesn’t bother you and you think that infringing on he 2A is no big deal then you are part of the problem. ANY restrictions against the 2A should rile up everyone.
Nobody said that. We're saying its not time to start loading magazines yet. In case you hadn't noticed, we're still having decent luck with the soap, ballot, and jury boxes; it's not time for the cartridge box yet.

But if you want to go and give ammunition (pun intended) to those who want to further restrict our rights....

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody said that. We're saying its not time to start loading magazines yet. In case you hadn't noticed, we're still having decent luck with the soap, ballot, and jury boxes; it's not time for the cartridge box yet.

But if you want to go and give ammunition (pun intended) to those who want to further restrict our rights....

I agree with you that talk of armed resistance is premature, but a "nothing to get riled up over" mentality will also be used as ammunition to those who want to further restrict our rights.

If the 2nd Amendment breach isn't enough to get folks riled up, how about the 5th? If this regulation goes into effect, law abiding citizens will be forced to destroy or turn in their legally purchased property. There will be no recourse and there will be no compensation. People who do not willingly comply will be forced to. By men with guns. Guns with loaded magazines.

Those who blithely ignore this new infringement will bitterly regret it down the road, because those who want to further restrict our rights will not stop here. The ATF has gone beyond the application of existing law and began making decisions based on subjective issues like "rapid fire" and "certain similar characteristics". In the notice the ATF states that the Las Vegas shooting was the sole motivation for this new regulation. After it goes into effect, what will the ATF do after the next shooting? They won't point to bump stock regulation and remark upon how utterly pointless it was; they'll use it as a template for taking something else away and making more people felons.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with you that talk of armed resistance is premature, but a "nothing to get riled up over" mentality will also be used as ammunition to those who want to further restrict our rights.

If the 2nd Amendment breach isn't enough to get folks riled up, how about the 5th? If this regulation goes into effect, law abiding citizens will be forced to destroy or turn in their legally purchased property. There will be no recourse and there will be no compensation. People who do not willingly comply will be forced to. By men with guns. Guns with loaded magazines.

Those who blithely ignore this new infringement will bitterly regret it down the road, because those who want to further restrict our rights will not stop here. The ATF has gone beyond the application of existing law and began making decisions based on subjective issues like "rapid fire" and "certain similar characteristics". In the notice the ATF states that the Las Vegas shooting was the sole motivation for this new regulation. After it goes into effect, what will the ATF do after the next shooting? They won't point to bump stock regulation and remark upon how utterly pointless it was; they'll use it as a template for taking something else away and making more people felons.
I agree that we should certainly be fighting this, just not with bullets. And I agree that there's a serious problem when an unaccountable, unelected agency can make up the rules as it goes along. Believe it or not, that's also being fought: the seminal case giving administrative agencies that power is Chevron U.S.A., Inc. v. Natural Resources Defense Council, Inc., 467 U.S. 837 (1984), which held that

First, always, is the question whether Congress has directly spoken to the precise question at issue. If the intent of Congress is clear, that is the end of the matter; for the court, as well as the agency, must give effect to the unambiguously expressed intent of Congress. If, however, the court determines Congress has not directly addressed the precise question at issue, the court does not simply impose its own construction on the statute . . . Rather, if the statute is silent or ambiguous with respect to the specific issue, the question for the court is whether the agency's answer is based on a permissible construction of the statute.​

As it turns out, Congress has written a definition of machine gun, and it defines it as more than one round fired by a single operation of the trigger. There's room to challenge such an ATF decision in court even under so-called "Chevron deference." Moreover, the Court has opined that it may be time to revisit Chevron and rein it in. Such a case is not presently before the Court, but it's definitely coming; the Court has noticed that there's an awful lot of power in unaccountable hands, and is not impressed.

As to a Fifth Amendment violation...that was settled long ago, unfortunately. The Fifth Amendment states, in part, "...nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation [emphasis mine].” Note the italics: the property in question isn't being taken for public use (such as a road, military base, or--in the bass-ackward case of Kelo--redevelopment), but being declared contraband. I can't think of the case offhand, but that's been precedent for a long time, and it does make a certain amount of sense in the context of the amendment as written. I don't like it, but there it is.

And before anybody thinks of the ex post facto clause, nope, it's not that either. That's making something illegal retroactively; this is saying "it's legal up to x date; after that, you're busted."

So...definitely keep your powder dry, but don't be too quick to start dropping hammers.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Let me be clear. Armed resistance is the last thing I want. I just don’t see us being able to do anything to stop the assault against the 2A unless we take up arms and resist. We may stop a few things here or there by voting or protesting, But they keep on getting big wins against us. Death by a thousand paper cuts. They are in for the long haul. My fear is too many people having the mentality that nothing is gonna happen. This bump stock ban should be a huge wake up call to every red blooded patriot in this country. This goes way beyond bump stocks. The government knows exactly what they are doing with this reversal. Just wait and see what’s to come.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/...urce=badaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl
Regulatory Bump Stock Ban Far From A Done Deal
Posted at 12:00 pm on March 30, 2018 by Tom Knighton

+

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/mar/27/bump-stocks-ban-dispute-may-stop-trumps-gun-restri/
Gun groups challenge Justice Department’s authority to ban bump stocks
Cite Obama’s ATF ruling calling particular device a ‘firearm part’ and not subject to weapons regulations
By David Sherfinski - The Washington Times - Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom