NRA Statement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"The National Rifle Association of America is made up of 4 million moms and dads, sons and daughters – and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown.

"Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting.

"The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.

"The NRA is planning to hold a major news conference in the Washington, D.C., area on Friday, December 21."

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a current life member and have championed the NRA cause here and elsewhere for quite some time.

That said... I don't know what THIS:

"The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again."

means, but I will turn in my card in a heartbeat if they support a new assault weapons ban.

I'm hoping that they are going to suggest and contribute to more firearms safety education, school programs designed to enhance security, etc...

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a current life member and have championed the NRA cause here and elsewhere for quite some time.

That said... I don't know what THIS:

"The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again."

means, but I will turn in my card in a heartbeat if they support a new assault weapons ban.

I'm hoping that they are going to suggest and contribute to more firearms safety education, school programs designed to enhance security, etc...

If you join the "no compromise" camp, you consign yourself to irrelevancy in today's political climate IMHO.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's another thread about this here somewhere.

I'm nervous about what they're going to say when they lead off with an impossible proposition like "make sure this never happens again."

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you join the "no compromise" camp, you consign yourself to irrelevancy in today's political climate IMHO.

I will not compromise on a silly ban that:

A. Supports the concept that the type of firearm was somehow at fault.
B. Goes 100% against the basis of the 2nd Amendment.
C. Has been proven ineffective in the past.
D. Draws attention away from the real issues which led to these murders.
E. Doesn't even match what the majority of the people want... only politicians and mouthpieces.
F. Gives in to emotional media pressure as a knee jerk reaction even before all of the facts are understood.

- I am a believer in compromise wherever possible and where there is room in whatever debate ensues to have discussion over prudent measures.

- I am also a believer that there are some things you cannot compromise on and you have to stand your ground and fight.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The NRA has been silent for days. And this statement doesn't make me think they will have good things to say at the press conf. I will send my card back to them if they compromise one bit. FWIW Larry Pratt has been making the media circuits, the NRA has not!

Latest posts

Top Bottom