Nurse arrested for not drawing blood...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lawsuit means absolutely nothing to the police department since any awards comes from YOU, the tax payer. Though Detective Payne was wrong in his actions, his immediate supervisor [whom was 'egging' him on] was equally guilty in this travesty and so should equally share in any punishments.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So it's just be a tax refund, I'm cool with that.

But I agree, it should come out of the offender's pocket and the mouths of his children
"So it's just be a tax refund . . . "

I admit that when it comes to things like taxes, I'm not too bright so I don't know how you figure that a lawsuit paid out of municipal funds equals a tax refund to you. As I see it the municipally that had to pay out the award would recoup their monetary loss through means like increased sales tax, city based fees, etc. Or were you referring only to business and property owners that could deduct the increase in city fees as a tax write-off?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
"So it's just be a tax refund . . . "

I admit that when it comes to things like taxes, I'm not too bright so I don't know how you figure that a lawsuit paid out of municipal funds equals a tax refund to you. As I see it the municipally that had to pay out the award would recoup their monetary loss through means like increased sales tax, city based fees, etc. Or were you referring only to business and property owners that could deduct the increase in city fees as a tax write-off?
It was really more "tongue in cheek," than anything, "award coming from ME," and all but the way I see it my taxes go to pay for goods and services provided by the government, that are to be maintained at a certain level of quality, and if for whatever reason quality control slips up and allows an inferior product through, you're damn right, I'm going to ask for a refund.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was really more "tongue in cheek," than anything, "award coming from ME," and all but the way I see it my taxes go to pay for goods and services provided by the government, that are to be maintained at a certain level of quality, and if for whatever reason quality control slips up and allows an inferior product through, you're damn right, I'm going to ask for a refund.
Gotch 'ya :drunk5:

Latest posts

Top Bottom