Nylon 66 Reassebly Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drexton311

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I have a Nylon 66 that has been in pieces for over ten years and I have finally decided to reassemble it. I have owned this rifle for 20 years and have never fired it one time! My grandfather gave it to me when I was a teenager and the charging handle was broken, hence why I have never shot it and why it was disassembled in the first place. I have an owner’s manual that was printed by Remington that shows the parts I need (I have confirmed that I have them all!) but it does not show me exactly how to put this thing back together. I am pretty sure I have it figured out, but wanted to get some feedback from a few of you Nylon 66 Veterans, as I hear this one is a pain. Does anyone know where I can get a metal charging handle, all I have seen are the plastic replacements and I do not want this to break again after little usage because of the weak plastic. Also, how do I determine what year mine was made? There is no serial number.

Oh, it’s a Mohawk brown; tube fed - so it’s nothing fancy, but has sentimental value. Any detailed diagram of instruction would be most appreciated, and any detail about how to determine what year it was built, added bonus!

Thanks!
Josh

blackknight22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used a two part video on you tube when I had one of mine apart after having issues. Had to watch it a couple of times but it works fine now.
Date code- should be a two letter code on the top section of the barrel just in front of the top cover ( left side while holding the rifle).

No idea on a metal charging handle, replacement plastic charging handles are usually easy to find on ebay and gunbroker.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn't explain how to get it back together, or tell ya where to get a charging handle. However if you can find a handle and get by the city I could get it back together for ya. I have on in the safe had it apart a couple times.... Still shootin.

Latest posts

Top Bottom