Nylon Remmington 22lr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a kid I had a nylon 22 rifle I can't remember the model, I'm pretty sure it was a remmington. It was brown with a white diamond on the forgrip.
I put thousands of rounds through it until it was stolen out of my truck when I was about 20 yrs old. I thought I would try to locate one, but haven't had much luck. Anybody have any idea what the model it might have been? Does anyone have one for sale?

Mack45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is the Remington Nylon 66.
When I was a kid I remember reading about them. I thought that they were so awesome.
When I turned 18 the first new long gun I ever bought was a Remington Nylon 66. Mine was the brown one with the white diamond too. I still have mine and it is one of those guns that I will never sell. It has never missed a lick.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have got a Nylon 66 clone, that has been RIDICULOUSLY reliable and a ton of fun to shoot. It's also the first gun I was ever given so obviously it's not for sale.

But I thought I'd let you know the last time I was in the Firing Pin, he had real 66. You could PM him to see if he's still got it he's a sponsor here. I also saw the brown one with a clip at a little pawn shop that is behind a 7-11 that is a little East of Sante Fe on 12th Street in Moore.

Happy hunting... be forewarned they have become relatively collectible and it's tough if not impossible to find one cheap these days. It'll probably set you back $200-$300 depending on the condition.

SDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of us have great memories of these old guns. I have a few and they are tough to find. I'm not really a collector so I can't tell you what the current values are. There is a lot of variation in the prices of these guns though.

There is some information on these at nylonrifles.com. There are several listed on gunbroker.com.

SDS

rckitbuilder

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a kid I had a nylon 22 rifle I can't remember the model, I'm pretty sure it was a remmington. It was brown with a white diamond on the forgrip.
I put thousands of rounds through it until it was stolen out of my truck when I was about 20 yrs old. I thought I would try to locate one, but haven't had much luck. Anybody have any idea what the model it might have been? Does anyone have one for sale?

I still have mine, its the model with the black stock and chrome receiver and barrel. Cool gun, probably had it for 30+ years.

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back from the search again. Still haven't found the exact model I'm looking for, but SHAZAM! The prices of the few that are available are a bit higher than I was expecting. I hope the bastard that stole mine shot himself in the foot!:crying:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nylon 66 had a 1 piece stock and loads thru the butt.
Nylon 77 has a clip.
CBC of Brazil (Remington-Brazil) imported tons of them about 15 years ago and they are easier to find.
Try Gunbroker.com and type in CBC under rifles.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nylon 66 had a 1 piece stock and loads thru the butt.
Nylon 77 has a clip.
CBC of Brazil (Remington-Brazil) imported tons of them about 15 years ago and they are easier to find.
Try Gunbroker.com and type in CBC under rifles.

There you go... CBC. That's who made mine and it's been a good rifle for more than 10 years now. Al I have ever cleaned is the barrel, it really is maintenance free.

Latest posts

Top Bottom