NYPD Cops Retiring in Large Numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the political climate similar in this state?

Yes, and no.

For those with their head in the sand believing none of what you are seeing nationwide can happen here, no.

For those who see reality, starting to think of exit plans if the need to eject arises.

Just depends on a bunch of factors and frankly it’s all just gotten exhausting. A big step to curtail it would be the “silent majority” not waiting around til November to “speak up”. Right now, the mob is the only one speaking and thus the only faction that truly exist. By November... the damage will be done.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ga. House passes bill that could dissolve county PDs
The House voted 152-3 to allow voters to decide to eliminate their county police departments, moving authority to county sheriff’s offices

Then, the former officers of the cities that disbanded their departments will likely just change uniforms and work for the sheriffs office. I don’t think the normal staffing of a Sheriffs Office will be enough to provide sufficient coverage. The Sheriff will have to find money and equipment to support the deputies.

They’re cutting their own throats to please the whiny snowflakes who want to defund the Police. Sooner or later they’ll get tired of the sheriffs office and want them defunded too.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then, the former officers of the cities that disbanded their departments will likely just change uniforms and work for the sheriffs office. I don’t think the normal staffing of a Sheriffs Office will be enough to provide sufficient coverage. The Sheriff will have to find money and equipment to support the deputies.

They’re cutting their own throats to please the whiny snowflakes who want to defund the Police. Sooner or later they’ll get tired of the sheriffs office and want them defunded too.

Without knowledge of the bill's contents, I'd guess that if a local city has the Sheriff's office to provide services, that the city would then be required to provide funds to the Sheriff's office for that service.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Without knowledge of the bill's contents, I'd guess that if a local city has the Sheriff's office to provide services, that the city would then be required to provide funds to the Sheriff's office for that service.

As I understand it, the two cities in my county contracted with the Sheriff for the coverage. Each is supposed to have one dedicated deputy for those areas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom