Obama Begins Push for New National Retirement System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another good reason to put your money in tangible assets, instead of hoarding electronic money that doesn't exist. There's a train wreck coming, and all of those with their "retirement" stuffed into 401ks, etc., are going to get hung out to dry. Just my view.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having RTFA, it seems that here's what we know:

1) AFL-CIO crank speaks at a "hearing" about how the US needs to push for un-privatizing retirement systems. This person is not a policymaker of any kind that I can tell, just a speaker offering an opinion.

A representative of the liberal Pension Rights Center, Rebecca Davis, testified that the government needs to get involved because 401k plans and IRAs are unfair to poor people. She demanded the Obama administration set up a "government-sponsored program administered by the PBGC (the governments’ Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation)." She proclaimed that even "private annuities are problematic."

2) This translates into "OBAMA......YAAAARRRRRRR"

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Timmy Gheitner cant wait til we do away with the debt ceiling all together! my god we really are going down the drain. I agree tangible assets are the only way to go. But don't forget the govt confiscated tangible assets once upon a time as well. Just wonder how much more we will sit back and take?

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/treasury-secretary-geithner-lift-debt-limit-infinity <--there is video

They can only take what they know you've got - and of that they don't - what you'll let them have. Land is another matter, though.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Timmy Gheitner cant wait til we do away with the debt ceiling all together! my god we really are going down the drain. I agree tangible assets are the only way to go. But don't forget the govt confiscated tangible assets once upon a time as well. Just wonder how much more we will sit back and take?

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/treasury-secretary-geithner-lift-debt-limit-infinity <--there is video

If you are referring to FDR's gold confiscation, yeah, it happened. It will be on an even grander scale this time, as these buffoons grow more desperate.

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are referring to FDR's gold confiscation, yeah, it happened. It will be on an even grander scale this time, as these buffoons grow more desperate.

yep thats what im talking about. I heard recently a family that had gold coins from that time period had it confiscated by the feds because it was illegal since it was taken back in the day. Talk about some convaluted bull crap!

Latest posts

Top Bottom