Obama's golf game is REALLY important...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt it was a POTUS call to move their wedding... Sounds like the work of some petty functionary on his staff

This. Obama has nothing to do with it other than "I'd like to go golfing at XXX course."

WH staff then coordinates with the venue AND the other agencies like Secret Service, White House Commo etc...and the event happens. It was most likely the venues decision to drop the wedding party.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Couple of courses said no to him last summer, one of them was Trumps IIRC. But no way in hell a marine base course is going to do that. Agreed with the O/P on the narcissism, he's got his whole life to play the finest courses the world has to offer, how many times do they get to get married?

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems like the golf course should have warned the White House that they'd need to move a wedding to accommodate him. If the White House requested (or demanded) this, the WH should bear the shame and bad publicity. If the course never warned the WH of the issue and potential for embarrassment, the course should bear the blame. If I'm the WH staffer, I'm always going to watch out for issues like this. But, this White House probably doesn't care.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems like the golf course should have warned the White House that they'd need to move a wedding to accommodate him. If the White House requested (or demanded) this, the WH should bear the shame and bad publicity. If the course never warned the WH of the issue and potential for embarrassment, the course should bear the blame. If I'm the WH staffer, I'm always going to watch out for issues like this. But, this White House probably doesn't care.

It's doubtful the staffers, or "White House Advance" party, even knew the wedding was on the schedule. There was probably an email to the folks at the course, the course management "cleared the deck" as per their stated policy in the article (the wedding party knew they were subject to getting bumped for VIPs), and told the WH "good-to-go".

I have no love for Barry, but sometimes you guys crack me up.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's doubtful the staffers, or "White House Advance" party, even knew the wedding was on the schedule. There was probably an email to the folks at the course, the course management "cleared the deck" as per their stated policy in the article (the wedding party knew they were subject to getting bumped for VIPs), and told the WH "good-to-go".

I have no love for Barry, but sometimes you guys crack me up.

You're so cute! We know what really happened. Obama was thinking about playing golf for the 28th time that week. He thought to himself, "King, where do I want to play that can cause the most interruption?" He called in his staff and they did a search and found just the right course. Obama...sorry...King called the course and made sure that a wedding was scheduled and that it would have to be moved. Delighted that he would be personally responsible for ruining the couple's big day, he booked the tee-time. He then called the couple himself and gave them the bad news. King was highly pissed when he found out that the couple had been warned ahead of time they may have to move the wedding, and that the wedding was moved to a nicer location.

Latest posts

Top Bottom