Of Cowboys and Cowbillies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ted DeHass, the Handy Horseman of Ohio's Windy Hill Farm is giving a video lecture on horse trading. He talks about COWBILLIES.

See time mark 07:00 above.

Mr. DeHass refers to "cowbillies" as those who rough-handle animals. This reminds me of the 1972 film The Cowboys. John Wayne's character is seen biting the ear of his green broke filly, Crazy Alice, to get her under his command. Ted would certainly call that character a "cowbilly".

The Handy Horseman is a great video series about everything HORSE and all about proper horesmanship.

And speaking of cowboys, I happened across this video not long ago. It talks about cowpunchers, vaqueros and buckaroos. I was surprised to find out not all cowboys are the same. I always thought if I've seen one grit-teeth chitkicker in a ten-gallon hat and high-heel pointy boots, I've seen them all.

I always thought COWPUNCHER had something to do with stamping a hot branding iron on cattle.

Last edited:

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Screenshot_20211112-175418_Gallery.jpg

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess you would not like to see a rooster attempt to attack someone, and in that persons defence the rooster getting the boot like a football!

Trust me, biting a horses ear is no big deal, maybe the horse bit them first! ???

Put your kitty cat down and get involved with some 1000+ pound animals, and when one gets rowdy, you just might even twist a ear!!!

Just wait till a 1200# cow steps on your toes, whatcha gonna do then?

Latest posts

Top Bottom