Of Cowboys and Cowbillies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago we had a beautiful Arabian mare that looked like a million dollars perfect conformation but l swear she stood around all day long thinking up the next thing she would try to pull on you. Put her in a pasdock with my old wise morgan mare she calmed down a little but not much

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our damned Appoloosa I swear was grinning when she ground her hoof on my boot. She didn't see dad with the hotshot behind her.
:yikes2: :angry3:
I wonder if that is an Appie thing. We had two, when I was a teen, came with the "ranch" (1-7/10acre MOL) that my dad bought in a small town in Western Colorado in the early 70's. Diablo and Pie. Diablo had raced at Los Alamitos, and got excited and started running in anything that looked like an arena. Pie was sweet to little kids, but a handful for adults or folks she thought should know better. Like me, apparently. Put her foot on the toe of my new books, and walked a circle around me, grinding it in and grinning at me. And I was the one feeding her, and making sure she had fresh water all the time. I still loved them both, but dad sold Diablo... over my objections. Grownup me knows it was probably just as well, but it broke my heart permanently. And now I'm too old and broken down to take care of a horse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom