Officer and Two Suspects Down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hear ye, Hear ye!

On this day of our lord, or rather yesterday, and of any deity if any he or she may acknowledge, the subject,
heretofore known as "Ace_on_the_turn" is now to assume the title "Winner of the Internets".

His or her, access to the historical joke dating reference, obscure and inaccurate representations of physical geography, and his or her, dedication to sluthing out some of the most obtuse points ever made to attack a stupid joke is worth of note, if not derision.....

PS - This title expires as of midnight on the day before the date of this proclamation, so don't let it go to your head....

Aside from the magically appearing motorcycle, I'm wondering how a wall is going to be built around those countries without including at least part of Jordon and Israel? Is it because that joke is so old, and the re-teller was not bright enough to know simple geography?

First off, oh tedious one, the joke does not specify whether the wall is continuous or not, just a wall, not the same wall, so there....

Replace Afghanistan, Palestine, Iraq and Iran with Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas and Florida and you'll see that having a modicum of knowledge of the geography of the middle east makes the joke idiotic. I guess in this case ignorance is truly bliss.

You compare 3 countries with 3 states suggesting they are some how similar in size, as you said, "google fail" there.

The three countries represent aprox 1,053,979 sq mi, the three states 391,959 sq mi, so not even close.

Gaza, what I assume are calling Palestine and associate with the size of Florida, is again no where close in size; 2,402 sq mi verse 53,179 sq mi.

Delaware would have been much more geographically accurate in terms of size.

Iraq to Israel is 550 miles? Are you sure about that? That's a Google fail. That's like saying Oklahoma is 200 miles from Texas because the distance between Oklahoma City and Dallas is 200 miles. The distance between the most western boarder of Iraq and the most eastern boarder of Israel is about 150 miles. You're talking about the distance between Baghdad and Jerusalem.

Finally, I'll concede I misspoke on the 550 miles, Gaza to Iraq is 267 miles, much closer to the distance between the "borders" between Arkansas and Florida as initially said.

So Mr Geography, "Winner of the Internets" (expired), why the effort to significantly inflate the size of Pally-stein and reduce the size of IIA?

Assuming of course, the attacks on intelligence in your quotes are not just a case of projection....which I for one, sincerely suspect....

Last edited:

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
image.jpg

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hear ye, Hear ye!

On this day of our lord, or rather yesterday, and of any deity if any he or she may acknowledge, the subject,
heretofore known as "Ace_on_the_turn" is now to assume the title "Winner of the Internets".

His or her, access to the historical joke dating reference, obscure and inaccurate representations of physical geography, and his or her, dedication to sluthing out some of the most obtuse points ever made to attack a stupid joke is worth of note, if not derision.....

PS - This title expires as of midnight on the day before the date of this proclamation, so don't let it go to your head....

First off, oh tedious one, the joke does not specify whether the wall is continuous or not, just a wall, not the same wall, so there....

You compare 3 countries with 3 states suggesting they are some how similar in size, as you said, "google fail" there.

The three countries represent aprox 1,053,979 sq mi, the three states 391,959 sq mi, so not even close.

Gaza, what I assume are calling Palestine and associate with the size of Florida, is again no where close in size; 2,402 sq mi verse 53,179 sq mi.

Delaware would have been much more geographically accurate in terms of size.

Finally, I'll concede I misspoke on the 550 miles, Gaza to Iraq is 267 miles, much closer to the distance between the "borders" between Arkansas and Florida as initially said.

So Mr Geography, "Winner of the Internets" (expired), why the effort to significantly inflate the size of Pally-stein and reduce the size of IIA?

Assuming of course, the attacks on intelligence in your quotes are not just a case of projection....which I for one, sincerely suspect....

First off, oh tedious one, the joke does not specify whether the wall is continuous or not, just a wall, not the same wall, so there

Actually, the joke very specifically refers to a single (one) wall. Twice, in fact.
"The muslim was amazed, so he said, 'I want a wall around Afghanistan, Palestine, Iraq and Iran so that no infidels, Americans or Canadians can come into our precious land.' A wall clearly refers to a single wall.
"The Biker sits down on his Harley, cracks a beer, lights a cigar, smiles and says, 'Fill it with water.'" Fill it clearly refers to a single wall.
So, you're wrong.

You are, once again, wrong. I was, clearly, referring to the geographic borders, and the fact that the one of the states does not share a border with any of the 3 other states, therefor making it impossible to have a single continuous wall around all four. I never said, nor inferred, nor suggested anything about size.

Just to be clear, you didn't "misspoke." You were flat out wrong. Not the same thing. You said, "Iraq to Israel is 550." It's 150 miles.
Your reading comprehension is, how shall we say, lacking. I never, not a single time, said or inferred anything about the distance between any states.
Here's what I said, "Replace Afghanistan, Palestine, Iraq and Iran with Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas and Florida and you'll see that having a modicum of knowledge of the geography of the middle east makes the joke idiotic. I guess in this case ignorance is truly bliss." I was, clearly, referring to the fact that a single continuous wall could not be build around Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas and Florida as Florida does not share a border with any of the other 3 states just as a single continuous wall could not be build around Afghanistan, Palestine, Iraq and Iran.

Your attempt to be a smart-ass failed utterly and completely. You, clearly not understanding geography (impossible to build a single wall around Afghanistan, Palestine, Iraq and Iran), injected distance into the discussion when it was never a factor.

Ouch, that had to sting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom