Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm up this weekend working around my place filling feeder, changing camera batteries, and doing a little mowing in preparation for spring food plots (gonna try again this year), and though I'm not getting much on camera, I saw quite a few riding around on the Ranger and tractor.

This year has convinced me of the necessity to get my killing done early while the bucks are patternable. I'd be losing my mind if I was still trying to hunt a certain buck with the inconsistency in movement right now.

Okie4570 made a statement that is 100% true in my opinion earlier in this thread.

You have the first week in archery season to shoot your deer, and the rest of the season to shoot the neighbors or something like that. That's a fact.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okie4570 made a statement that is 100% true in my opinion earlier in this thread.

You have the first week in archery season to shoot your deer, and the rest of the season to shoot the neighbors or something like that. That's a fact.

I've been hunting up here 13 years now, and I've never thought of it that way. It's absolutely spot on, and I've quoted Bobby (and given the credit to him) for making this insightful statement.

A person has to wade through a lot of nonsense and BS to every once in a while find a bit of useful information on internet message boards....not saying this one is one of those. Just sayin':wink2:

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That's the truth. I was tagged out before muzzleload season even started last year. This year got a late start and can't buy a shooter for nothin.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
For those familiar with Edmond, a nine point just crossed on the southside of the bridge on western between Edmond road and Danforth. That means he was within bow range of at least a couple houses. Ive seen deer there many times. Mostly does and even a piabald once. never anything this nice though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom