Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sat yesterday in a funnel of timber between two bedding areas and fronted by a large open field, slow early 2 does, then around 10:30 am it was like someone flicked a switch. Saw a doe 600 yds away running wide open with 2 bucks in tow, she brought them both right by my stand at 30 yds an 8 or 9 and a huge buck behind him grunting and running I had bow up and ready, whistled, yelled hey! nothing...they never even slowed down, watched them chase for 5 minutes or so then gone,. I could see 3-4 deer 500 yds away running back and forth jumped fence and back 3 times then looked up and it's another big buck a big 10, running right at me head down, I'm at full draw he crosses my shooting lane at 19 yards I gave him a loud "meh" then "hey" he never broke stride and disappeared into timber. I hit grunt call and bleat can nothing then hear loud steps and another big tall horned shooter was slipping down the ravine behind me and into timber. Dang it! what a morning, one of the best days I've had in a stand in a long time, I just couldn't get em stopped for a shot. They are definitely still rutting, at least in my area. Saw 3 definite shooters, 12-15 deer total 4 coyotes and 7 pigs. I'll be in stand all day tomorrow and Sunday and all next week. Good luck everybody

I love it when a guy has a day like that worth being there even a even if you cant get a shot. This will help you on days like that DECOY DECOY

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sat yesterday in a funnel of timber between two bedding areas and fronted by a large open field, slow early 2 does, then around 10:30 am it was like someone flicked a switch. Saw a doe 600 yds away running wide open with 2 bucks in tow, she brought them both right by my stand at 30 yds an 8 or 9 and a huge buck behind him grunting and running I had bow up and ready, whistled, yelled hey! nothing...they never even slowed down, watched them chase for 5 minutes or so then gone,. I could see 3-4 deer 500 yds away running back and forth jumped fence and back 3 times then looked up and it's another big buck a big 10, running right at me head down, I'm at full draw he crosses my shooting lane at 19 yards I gave him a loud "meh" then "hey" he never broke stride and disappeared into timber. I hit grunt call and bleat can nothing then hear loud steps and another big tall horned shooter was slipping down the ravine behind me and into timber. Dang it! what a morning, one of the best days I've had in a stand in a long time, I just couldn't get em stopped for a shot. They are definitely still rutting, at least in my area. Saw 3 definite shooters, 12-15 deer total 4 coyotes and 7 pigs. I'll be in stand all day tomorrow and Sunday and all next week. Good luck everybody

Sounds like an awesome day. I will be there at 3 today to help with those pigs.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck! What gun is he shooting? Need to get a CVA youth .243 for my 8 yr old, dad keeps procrastinating.

Got a h&r 300acc blackout for my son this year. very little recoil and quite a bit smaller than a Ruger10/22 115 grain barnes bullet.

IMG_3426 (1).jpgIMG_3426 (1).jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom