Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
That's a great buck Dennis!
Was going to do an all day sit tomorrow but a friend needs some help on his house. With this moon, I'm thinking they may be out midday

goldflinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice buck Dennis, Congrats!. Love the pic of the guys leaving and then the deer coming out, wonder if they ever saw her? My youngest son returns from OSU today, so we will be out tomorrow morning. He might choose to shoot any deer that moves, we'll see. This next weekend is looking iffy, and with non-hunting relatives in town, I might be stuck at home, which might not be a bad thing. Wishing I had one of those deer loaders. I just use a come along and a piece of plywood, but it is nicer if one of the boys is there to help. Darn sure makes you realize where the term "dead weight" comes from :-). Good luck to all who have not harvested there deer yet!

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good looking deer everyone, nice pics, and good stories. I envy some of you for those nice looking bucks. All the bucks I have on cam have messed up racks or too small.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's lung blood. Lungs don't stop bleeding, especially if you saw bone matter. I'm betting the deer is dead, and you just haven't found it. I searched for hours once, finding her under a brush pile. She had crawled under it to escape. Look in places you don't think a deer can go. Make a pattern, search it two different directions.

Will do, Thanks for the advice.

Oh! and Congrats on the fine buck and the does. That's some great shooting.

Actually, congrats to all who harvested. There are some really nice bucks in this thread!

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_11_24_21c9dacfff8350de9a6a67193c3ad2b8.jpg

Just about everything that could go wrong on this hunt did, camper was full of water, truck broke on the way out, her rifle just wouldnt run right, the list goes on.
Watching her shake like a fish out of water trying line up on this guy made it all worth it. Shes still smiling!

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_11_24_f35df1ee230e95a44b74bb39ba528689.jpg

Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats Dennis ! Heck of a buck. Foghorn pass along the congrats too your daughter as well.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Latest posts

Top Bottom