Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agb104983

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a deer crossing a country road in the middle of daylight was an hour ago. Definitely not something that I ever see in that area. Wasn't able to see the head to see if it was a buck or a doe but it was pretty good size. Looks like another indication that the rut is starting

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gave it up at about 8:30. My spot is a really overgrown pasture that butts up to some wood line. I brush-hogged some clearings and a few paths that I know deer are now traveling. Sitting in a ground blind off of the clearing. Kinda sucks. Any suggestions on getting some more deer to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You left too early, I didn't see my first doe till around 9:15, if your on the edge of a bedding area stay as long as you can. I know it's tough to sit not seeing anything but you put the work in to clear the paths, and sounds like they are using them, sometimes just staying later is all it takes. Just my opinion of course

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As warm and windy as it was I saw 9 deer this morning. All early heading back to bed on the river edge, 7 does and 2 young bucks harassing them. Finally got a pic of a decent 8 on my camera. He was in a mock scrape I made. 250.jpg

garret01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks Sticky. I'll stick it out next time. For now I'm wondering how many counties my little pop-up has blown in this wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 8 ground blinds out on 3 properties...I'm wondering the same thing, they might be in Kansas by now....I know a couple years ago the OYH hunt had winds like this up in the NW, tore blinds all to hell

Latest posts

Top Bottom