Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Is it suppose to be this windy in the morning or tomorrow?

I'm showing NW winds at 10mph and 35* at sunrise in the morning.

Didn't have time to make it to the stand this evening so I just sit at one property and watched a couple of draws in crp grass. Had 4 bucks cruising the edge and out in the grass itself. Two were pretty nice, and two were small. Didn't see them till the last 15 minutes of light. No doe spotted.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made it to my area to fix a plugged feeder on one place with intention of staying and hunting another.
After fixing the feeder, I came home. Couldn't see 50' in some areas. Lots of topsoil in the air.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447291323.159227.jpg

Sooner Wing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I put out a bag of rice bran at both my stand and my uncles stand on Tuesday morning. Neither of us hunted on Wednesday but he hunted this morning and was complaining about how a small buck walked right past the bran (and corn) and he has NEVER seen a deer walk right past food before. Then he has a couple doe and a 10 point shooter (he thinks) start to come in but then stop and the only thing new is the rice bran that i poured in a pile by the feeder. He was rather perturbed that I had introduced a new food source so late in the season. Just venting a bit here but also wondering if there is any validity (in your opinion) to his concern.

Latest posts

Top Bottom