Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This morning while drinking coffee on the back patio I watched a doe creep down my west fence line. About 2 minutes later a nice 6pt came creeping up the same fence line.
With nose in the air he jumped said fence and sauntered to about 25 feet from me. We had a 5 minute stare down contest then he
walked thru the yard and disappeared into the trees again. He was wound up tighter than a $2 dollar watch.

Tumbleweed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were moving all day in NE Comanche county today. From Sunrise to 2:00 when I packed it in I saw a fawn, 2 deer in the trees I couldn't make out what they were. 1 young buck with 3 on one side and the other missing. A huge doe at 8:50. Quiet after that until I left at 2:00 and as I'm walking out there's a doe working the treeline in front of me. She saw me before I saw her. We played the silent game for 3 or 4 minutes till she had enough and waved goodbye over the hill. The big bucks didn't show today. But I got one nice one on the game cam (in the dark). Pics are 50/50 eating or just walking by. Most buck pics are solo, even the forky's.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My son just tagged out on bucks. 8 point with a main beam tip broke off. We keep swapping stands. But the deer just like him better! Came running to the horns and bleat call. Gonna sit til 9 and then help him out. Turkeys behind me...

Latest posts

Top Bottom