Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blew it on a dang fine buck yesterday. Deer chasing everywhere. I misjudged how far he was and shaved him low. Bit of hair, a little meat and a few drops of blood was it. Tracked that on my hands and knees til it ran out. Makes me sick although I'm 95% sure he is still walking. Hope to see him on my camera when so I know he made it. He was nice dangit!!!!!

goldflinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No better for me today. Neither of us saw a single deer. I went from seeing 11 last Sunday, to none yesterday and today. Decided to head to the house to watch some football. Weather will determine if I try again in the morning. I don't archery hunt in the rain

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I had bucks cruising all morning, no shooters and one lone doe............which equals shooter bucks pinned down with does and not traveling much. Game cams could have been replaced with a sketch artist. ...pics were far and few between like usual at this time before thanksgiving.

Sooner Wing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot my first buck with a bow today. Nice big bodied 8.

I felt like it was a good hit. Arrow looked good. Great blood trail for the first 60 or so yards then barely a drop. Spent 7 hours looking for him and never found him. Tracked him for approximately 150 to 200 yards through some of the thickest brush and briars this state has to offer. Now I am just sick to my stomach. Can you guys see anything that gives any clues as to what went wrong?

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where exactly do think you hit him? What was his reaction to the hit? How long did you wait before starting following the blood trail?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Sooner Wing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe it was a lung hit, maybe a hair low but I felt like it was a good shot. I waited 30 min to check the arrow then another 30 min before starting to track. He jumped up a little, spun 45 degrees, and and bolted into the brush.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you hit low lung, it might be liver. The blood is rather dark. Too dark for a lung shot. I'd go back in the morning and start fanning out from last blood. He's hit hard and was either bleeding heavily, or slowed to a walk. Once they feel light headed, they take off running again, so look for small specks of blood. Good luck!

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a good hit. Take a buddy and look for more blood. Do a grid search only as a last resort.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom