Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to the doc in the video (did you watch it?) it works very well, and he says there's not even a need for a vaccine. This steroid turns the whole thing into a non-event.

Sorry, misunderstood the 'him' thing.

Yes, the doc says an OTC drug is the answer, but he uses a different delivery technique (can't remember the name now..nebulizer?).
That was my question. I use the OTC nasal spray and he was talking about using it a different way. Will it work by simply spraying it up your nose?

A nebulizer is used for asthma and vaporizes the drug and puts it deep in your lungs. You are not supposed to deeply inhale when using the OTC nose spray. I guess it could help a little.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was my question. I use the OTC nasal spray and he was talking about using it a different way. Will it work by simply spraying it up your nose?

A nebulizer is used for asthma and vaporizes the drug and puts it deep in your lungs. You are not supposed to deeply inhale when using the OTC nose spray. I guess it could help a little.
There are sorts of nasal and asthema drugs and I cant recall what the name was he was talking about but I told mom about this (she uses a nebulizer and an asthma drug) but hers is a different drug. Albuterol or however its spelled.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are sorts of nasal and asthema drugs and I cant recall what the name was he was talking about but I told mom about this (she uses a nebulizer and an asthma drug) but hers is a different drug. Albuterol or however its spelled.
My niece has a history of asthma and uses a nebulizer when needed. Being 40 years old now she rarely uses it or has asthma problems. Back in February she had some type of illness and couldn't breath, it was the worst she had ever had. The nebulizer was a life saver for her and she thinks it may have been covid19 based on some of the other symptoms she had with it. I don't know what drug she used in it.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My niece has a history of asthma and uses a nebulizer when needed. Being 40 years old now she rarely uses it or has asthma problems. Back in February she had some type of illness and couldn't breath, it was the worst she had ever had. The nebulizer was a life saver for her and she thinks it may have been covid19 based on some of the other symptoms she had with it. I don't know what drug she used in it.
Has she had a antibody test? Have you asked her what she used in it?

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The investigation into the strange background of the epidemic continues. The U.S. funded research in Wuhan that was too dangerous for U.S facilities to handle??
The US National Institutes of Health (NIH) funded bat-coronavirus research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China to the tune of US$3.7 million, a recent article in the British newspaper Daily Mail revealed.

Back in October 2014, the US government had placed a federal moratorium on gain-of-function (GOF) research – altering natural pathogens to make them more deadly and infectious – as a result of rising fears about a possible pandemic caused by an accidental or deliberate release of these genetically engineered monster germs.

This was in part due to lab accidents at the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in July 2014 that raised questions about biosafety at US high-containment labs.

At that time, the CDC had closed two labs and halted some biological shipments in the wake of several incidents in which highly pathogenic microbes were mishandled by US government laboratories: an accidental shipment of live anthrax, the discovery of forgotten live smallpox samples and a newly revealed incident in which a dangerous influenza strain was accidentally shipped from the CDC to another lab.

A CDC internal report described how scientists failed to follow proper procedures to ensure samples were inactivated before they left the lab, and also found “multiple other problems” with operating procedures in the anthrax lab.

As such in October 2014, because of public health concerns, the US government banned all federal funding on efforts to weaponize three viruses – influenza, Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS).

In the face of a moratorium in the US, Dr Anthony Fauci – the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and currently the leading doctor in the US Coronavirus Task Force – outsourced in 2015 the GOF research to China’s Wuhan lab and licensed the lab to continue receiving US government funding.

The Wuhan lab is now at the center of scrutiny for possibly releasing the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus and causing the global Covid-19 pandemic.

It is understandable that the Chinese lab likely struggled with safety issues given the fact US labs share similar problems, and indeed in January 2018 the US Embassy in Beijing sent cables warning about the safety of the Wuhan lab and asked for help.

Additionally, the embassy warned that researchers “showed that various SARS-like coronaviruses can interact with ACE2, the human receptor identified for SARS-coronavirus,” meaning bat coronaviruses can be transmitted to humans to cause SARS-like diseases....
https://asiatimes.com/2020/04/why-us-outsourced-bat-virus-research-to-wuhan/

Last edited:

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
South Texas hospitals starting to look like NYC hospitals during peak of the epidemic there. Let's hope it improves. Meanwhile personal precautions remain important here and everywhere. ....Another report shows a COVID patient in a Tulsa ER on July 22 having to wait 9 hours to get a bed in Tulsa.
A Texas hospital has formed an ethics committee to screen all COVID-19 patients for survival potential and send home those with low survival chances, according to Border Report.

Rio Grande City, Texas-based Starr County Memorial Hospital, implemented an ethics committee and a triage committee to review incoming COVID-19 patients, Starr County Health Authority Jose Vazquez, MD, said during a July 21 videoconference call. The committees will determine what type of treatment patients will likely require and whether they are likely to survive. Those deemed too fragile, sick or elderly will be advised to go home. Patients with low recovery chances will be better cared for at home with loved ones rather than dying at a hospital thousands of miles away, Dr. Vazquez said.

"There is nowhere to put these patients. The whole state of Texas and neighboring states have no ICU beds to spare for us," Dr. Vazquez said. The county of 61,000 residents has recorded 1,573 COVID-19 cases and 16 related deaths with 27 fatality cases pending, according to Border Report. As of July 24, 13,476 of 51,031 hospital beds are available statewide, with 1,267 ICU beds open. Currently, Texas has more COVID-19 patients hospitalized than any other state, with 10,893 COVID-19 patients as of July 24.

"The number of cases we see in the ER are growing every day; 50 percent of cases in the ER are COVID. The situation is desperate," Dr. Vazquez said.

Physicians at Starr County Memorial Hospital, the only hospital in the county, have to make these end-of-life decisions because residents aren't following social distancing guidelines, Starr County Judge Eloy Vera said, adding, "Our backs are to the wall."
https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...d-19-patients-with-poor-survival-chances.html

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
South Texas hospitals starting to look like NYC hospitals during peak of the epidemic there. Let's hope it improves. Meanwhile personal precautions remain important here and everywhere. ....Another report shows a COVID patient in a Tulsa ER on July 22 having to wait 9 hours to get a bed in Tulsa.
https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...d-19-patients-with-poor-survival-chances.html
Why can't the Army COE build a hospital like they did in NYC. Back in the 1990's I watched the NG build a complete field hospital w/surgery in three days as part of a disaster exercise. And stocking it should be easy just get NY to send all the medical supplies they didn't end up needing.

And waiting hours to get a bed in a hospital has always been the case. Several times my mother waited hours after going to the ER to get a bed and that was several years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom