Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If folks don't do the social distance thing, it will continue to spread.

I don't plan on going any farther than my mailbox for the foreseeable future, but we also have help coming here twice a day for sweetie, plus a nurse (we reduced her visits to every 2 weeks).

Thankfully, they all wear gloves and masks.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah... so it's basically a cell hacker (or celljacker)?

When you say "inserts itself," is that a chemical reaction that happens when it comes in physical contact with a cell? Or some other mechanism?

Yes, usually it is taken into the cell through being enveloped by a portion of the cell membrane and sucked in. This can be accomplished by having a marker on the virus envelope or something that mimics something a cell would normally intake - like a home invader ringing the bell and wearing a mask like one of your friends. You let him in, next thing you know, you're getting pistol-whipped.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If folks don't do the social distance thing, it will continue to spread.

I don't plan on going any farther than my mailbox for the foreseeable future, but we also have help coming here twice a day for sweetie, plus a nurse (we reduced her visits to every 2 weeks).

Thankfully, they all wear gloves and masks.
Be careful, Mac, we don't want to lose you or your sweetie. Hope things are going as well as they can for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom