OHP Trooper Arrested For DUI After On-Duty Crash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im glad to see this still aint locked. Im not one for putting people on pedestals. A Dude was working under the influence, now there will be consequences for his actions. The law applies to us all equally or it should. Nobody ought to get special treatment or a pass. Most companies would fire his azz.

Unless they are a veteran, right?

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, am I gonna be the first one to dryly act incredulous that this happened in Sequoyah County?

Different world, folks.

FUUUUUU!

Ok, so it does look like the boat is being looted...

kotv.images.worldnow.com_images_25956106_BG3.jpg

:wave:

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh... it's too highly variable to predict, really. I've seen people passing out/puking down their lungs kinda drunk and have a BAC of less than 100, and people walking around talking with mildly slurred speech and slight ataxic gait at 500+. Certainly regular consumption affects it, but everyone reacts to it a little differently. And even the same person will be affected differently at the same BAD based on other factors of the day, somehow. I can't really explain it, but it just isn't predictable, unfortunately.

Yep. And for some people, the type has an effect, though that might be more psychological than physiological. (You know, kind of like in high school when you'd get drunk off of a 6 pack, but those 3 shots of Everclear in each of those 2 big gulps - 6 total - didn't seem to have any effect. Or the guy who can totally function on a half bottle of 90-proof Scotch, but has to hold on to the floor to keep from falling after 8 shots of Captain Morgan.)

If anyone really cares how many DUI tickets he's written, it's all public record and available online, as is anything else through courts of record. I almost rank that right up there with the string of Oklahoma politicians championing stronger and stricter DUI laws getting picked up later for DUI.

Also, it ain't locked as long as it remains civil.

You've described me perfectly. Full pint of Hennessey and I'm drunk but not fall down pass out drunk. BUT... Give me 4 beers and the room starts spinning.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You've described me perfectly. Full pint of Hennessey and I'm drunk but not fall down pass out drunk. BUT... Give me 4 beers and the room starts spinning.

:shocked: Really?!? Man ... it doesn't matter what I drink, more than a couple and I'm toasted. As in can't pass the field sobriety test toasted. And yes ... GC has done that **** to me ... my teenaged boys thought it was the funniest thing they'd ever seen ... :disappoin

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He should be hanged for destroying the boat. As far as how this effects the reputation of OHP...it doesn't, it makes their lake patrol division a laughing stock though. I'd like to know if the dude intoxicated on confiscated drinks. If so, he should also be charged with aggravated robbery.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:shocked: Really?!? Man ... it doesn't matter what I drink, more than a couple and I'm toasted. As in can't pass the field sobriety test toasted. And yes ... GC has done that **** to me ... my teenaged boys thought it was the funniest thing they'd ever seen ... :disappoin

I could probably pass the field test.... Breathalyzer or blood test is another story

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't kept up with this story, but what I'd like to know is: Was this trooper operating, loading, transporting this boat alone? Where was he drinking and who was he drinking with before he hopped in the truck with the boat in tow?

If there were any other LEOs involved up to the point he drove off, they need to be held accountable as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom