OKC gun show question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OSA is a good place to find a weapon, often for a reasonable price. But, the real truth is that there are often guns for sale here that are overpriced, just as at the gun shows. You can also hold them in your hands at a gun show. The real advantage at OSA is the trust factor. That's worth a lot. There are some stand-up people here.

Over the years, as recently as a few weeks ago, I have run across a lot of good deals at gun shows. I thought the most recent RK gun show in OKC was loaded with good deals. Problem is, you've got to know a good deal when you see one. It's just like buying a new car (or anything else); you've got to educate yourself before you go. If you get there, and there is something you want, but you don't know if the price is good, let it go.

My best advice is, when you find something you've been looking for and have had a hard time finding, and you think it's a little high, buy it anyway.

Today, my collection of weapons is down from years past. I currently have 1 gun bought from an OSA member, 2 from a pawn/gun shop, 2 new from a dealer and 2 bought at gun shows. All were bought at what I consider good prices, even the new ones (I negotiate).

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA. I prefer to do gun transactions face to face or over a counter at an FFL. You may get stuck with a POS otherwise. Now having said that I have purchased two or three guns via Guns America and am quite happy with those guns. I have not tried any of the other gun internet sites. Recently completed a trade with and OSA member and am very pleased.

Last edited:

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with the ammo thing. That is usually the only kind of deals I come across at gun shows. Outside of that, it is just purely entertainment for me. Online is usually your best bet for gun deals even with $10 xfers. As for finding a good starting point for pricing, go to gun world. Look at the price on their guns. Divide that price by two and there is what the gun should cost. ;)

wyfair

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for all the help guys!
Floored by all the quick and knowledgeable responses!

What kind of Ammo prices/deals at the gun shows are there as opposed to at a regular store?

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The most important thing about guns shows if you have never been to one is to not expect a show to be loaded with deals. I went to a show for the first time back in late Nov and I thought that the shows would have had the best prices anywhere but its kind of the opposite. They feed off us getting all hot and heavy over the eye candy and spending the benjamins. There are deals there that can be great but are like finding a needle in a hay stack. Next time I go its going to be just to look and enjoy and buying will be secondary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom