OKC Homeowner Shoots 2, Possibly 3 Home Invaders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STWshooter87

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is me trying not to be a dick, but why don't you just read the reply's? It's been mentioned several times.

Just to clarify, I am new to the OSA forums. Just got started last night and learning my way around. I read several posts last night and I opened this post, clicked the link, read the story, and read every comment I could see and posted my comment on the bottom of the first page...only to now realize there are multiple pages on this story. Looks like I now need to go back to all the posts I made last night and see if there are more than one page. Sorry guys, count this on the newbie, won't happen again.

BTW, really appreciate the warm welcome "not trying to be dick" fellas. ;)

Last edited:

teamacacia

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1st degree attempted murder sounds like... robbed within 3 hours and then is packin'

that's premeditated.

Really? Sounds like the fella wasn't at home when first robbed so the "then packin'" seems outta play to me. Further, with that argument would you then say any person with a ccw that shoots someone is committing premeditated murder???

I read it as guy came home to a burglarized home and armed himself (maybe his ccw or his home defense weapon). Bad guys come back for round two and homeowner defends himself under the premise that anyone breaking into his home has ill intentions for him. I don't give much thought to the one getting shot in the tail because someone can be a threat to you without staring you straight in the face.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well ... too bad Wes Lane still isn't in office. I remember a Trooper who did that and Wes ruled it a good shoot. I typically have a bit of a problem with anybody shooting somebody whose running away from them ... unless they happen to be carrying off a kid or something like that. That said, I also seem to recall a scuffle and seems the suspect told her he was gonna go get a knife or something outta the car and kill her so maybe her shooting him was justified after all.

Like all shootings we discuss here details are important.

I'm like you though ... I wanna know more about what happened before I go spouting my mouth off.

On the not shooting when somenone is running away, especially if you are in a building or around a car, how do you know they arn't just moving to cover? Maybe its just me, but Im not gonna give a crimminal the benefit of the doubt.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the not shooting when somenone is running away, especially if you are in a building or around a car, how do you know they arn't just moving to cover? Maybe its just me, but Im not gonna give a crimminal the benefit of the doubt.

And you're not required to under Oklahoma law if they have unlawfully entered your home...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That's one of those VERY SUBJECTIVE things that is completely specific to the incident. If someone is running away from my house across the front yard I can assure you there is no cover for them to run to that they can get to before I can shut the front door and call the police.

I have also freely admitted many times that there is NOTHING in my house (except GC) that is worth shooting somebody over.

Same thing with a car ... completely depends on what is around us at the time.

Still, I think it would be difficult for me to pull the trigger on someone running away ... More likely I will be doing all I can to remove myself from the scene just as quickly as I can.

But I do believe this with all my heart ... If I can NOT shoot someone and remove myself from a situation, I will choose that path EVERY SINGLE TIME. God forbid I ever have to take a life in order to save myself or someone I love. Even if it is a righteous shoot in God's and everyone else's eyes, my ability to overthink and analyze a situation ad nauseum after it has occurred will be a death sentence for me, in its own right.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's one of those VERY SUBJECTIVE things that is completely specific to the incident. If someone is running away from my house across the front yard I can assure you there is no cover for them to run to that they can get to before I can shut the front door and call the police.

I have also freely admitted many times that there is NOTHING in my house (except GC) that is worth shooting somebody over.

Same thing with a car ... completely depends on what is around us at the time.

Still, I think it would be difficult for me to pull the trigger on someone running away ... More likely I will be doing all I can to remove myself from the scene just as quickly as I can.

But I do believe this with all my heart ... If I can NOT shoot someone and remove myself from a situation, I will choose that path EVERY SINGLE TIME. God forbid I ever have to take a life in order to save myself or someone I love. Even if it is a righteous shoot in God's and everyone else's eyes, my ability to overthink and analyze a situation ad nauseum after it has occurred will be a death sentence for me, in its own right.

WOW, you might get banned for this post, respect for human life, logic, not saying things like everyone that steals should be shot anyways it will make our society better. I mean this type of post just doesn't fit in with usual OSA talk...

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW, you might get banned for this post, respect for human life, logic, not saying things like everyone that steals should be shot anyways it will make our society better. I mean this type of post just doesn't fit in with usual OSA talk...

Kill them all! If they look at you funny, just blow their brains out! By god it's your consteetooshunal riiiight!

Latest posts

Top Bottom