OKC Zoo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RollingRock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty sure this has been asked to death on here, but I searched and didn't find it......CC while at the OKC Zoo.....legal or not?
This would include going into all buildings and the tram, etc....
Thanks in advance.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the entrances to the zoo itself, and the buildings/exibits inside the zoo (cafes/other indoor exibhits) there are no gunbusters.

However, they do have signs on the gift shop and other buildings before you go through the turnstiles to enter the zoo.

One thing that puts a stop to carrying there period is if the zoo is owned my the city, which I believe would would put it on the no-no list. I haven't been able to find this out personally

I have searched for the answers to these questions on the forum myself, and didn't find any answers either.

RollingRock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I can just call the Zoo and maybe OSBI...?

I got this off the OKC Zoo website, it pertains to the Zoo Trust....the words "public trust" make me wonder if this is gov't (state or local) property, meaning no CC?

"Oklahoma City Zoological Trust"

The Oklahoma City Zoological Trust, a public trust of the State of Oklahoma with the City of Oklahoma City as beneficiary, is the governing authority of the Oklahoma City Zoological Park. The Trust reviews all major financial expenditures; sets policy for the Zoo based on the study of recommendations from the Zoo's professional staff; and employs the Zoo's Executive Director/CEO. The Trust oversees all major building projects, exhibits and public events. The Trust's members assist in community and government relations and serve as advocates for the Zoo in issues affecting property and programs.

The Oklahoma Zoological Society serves as the trustor of the Zoo and is responsible for recommending the appointment of six of the nine trustees to the Mayor of the City of Oklahoma City. In accordance with the charter of the Trust, six of its governing trustees must be OZS members. The remaining three are the Mayor, City Council member and the City Manager. The City Council confirms the mayor's appointment of the trustees.

The Oklahoma City Zoological Trust meets the third Wednesday of every month unless otherwise noted. Meetings take place at the Zoo’s Rosser Conservation Education Center, located on the east end of the Zoo’s parking lot. Click here to download a copy of the Oklahoma City Zoological Trust’s bylaws.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't ask and for damn certain don't tell

I'm (and you) are a taxpayer in OKC and have been for years.... so "I & you" own part of the "city property".

So whay the hell can't we carry on our own property?

RollingRock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for all the replies....we never went on that day as the wife was in a multi-car crash two days before...she is better but still in a lot of pain.
Will plan for the zoo in the fall, or at least when it isn't to damn hot !!

Latest posts

Top Bottom