Okies View of the Rest of America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
redneckmap.jpg

I like this one.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wonder what the rest of them think of us? I'd hate to see it.

My initial thought as well. We have enough stereotypes, why feed them. For those that keep saying "I don't care" seems to reinforce the stereotype. Not that my life is dependent on the perceptions of others, but the toothless half drunk redneck in the trailer park is thinking the same thing in the news report on the tornado in the trailer parks. (you forgot to mention they are wearing cut off blue jean shorts, and a half Tshirt that says "No Fat Chicks"

Why, are you from Nebraska? That is the only state declared USA, the rest of us are gay or redneck?

Traveler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i thought i herd montana bowed to the mighty desire for fed transportation money, and put into effect an interstate speed limit in the lat 90s. do they really not have highway speed limits during the day at this moment?

i would say that would be a wet dream, but then again, i also cant think of a reason to live up there... .. .. so i guess i do not really care..

awesome map btw

I don't know either, but that's what we think of when we think of Montana....

Traveler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wonder what the rest of them think of us? I'd hate to see it.

Actually, that's what prompted me to create this little map. I saw a similar one of what Californians think of the rest of us, and it showed us lumped in with all the south as "Religious nuts that try to force their beliefs on us."

Traveler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tornadoes and trailer parks. Pretty much the only time you see Oklahoma on the national news it is because of weather. They interview some toothless half drunk redneck that watched the tornado wipe out his trailer while he was sipping on his keystone light at his 250lb girlfriend's Mother's trailer. True story, when we moved to OK my daughter wore shorts, pigtails, and a shirt I got her at the Lazy E arena to school; all day long she told her friends (in a hick voice) "we're moving to Oklerhomer". That's what six year of exile in New England did to her, thankfully we escaped.

I've had first time visitors to Oklahoma look around with disappointment and finally ask, "Where's the teepee's?"

Traveler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Disneyland is in California though......................:):) Disneyworld is what I think of when I think of Florida as well.:)

That seems to be the point that I'm catching the most criticism of. Most all of us Okies know that Disneyland is in California, but it's all the same to us! It was actually a little commentary on CA, FL, and Disney....

Latest posts

Top Bottom