Okies View of the Rest of America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, we are gonna have to have a little talk about putting KY in Yankee land on your map.
You're all eat up with Arizona open carry, and KY has had Constitutional open carry, pistols and long guns, for over 200 years, plus the right to carry a loaded pistol in saddle bags--now in the glovebox--without any kind of license. I thought all pickups came with a pistol in the glovebox, and "yankee" was only half a word.
Do you know where Bourbon comes from? (Hint: Bourbon County, one of the 3 KY counties in 1792)
Ever watch the show "Justified?"

This is true. Lived there for a while. Fun place.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suspect most 'educated' people think of Steinbeck when someone says "Okie". I noticed, given the level of hate demonstrated, you were somewhat kind to the Republic.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But BY GOD, we just don't give a damn what none of them liberals think no how! We don't need them new jobs or that EEEEEKonomic development. We is just fine they way we is. YEE HAW.

Oh they can bring their money, so long as they leave their snot-nosed liberal "values" where they came from. Otherwise, they can keep their money and stay where they're at, thank you very much! :D

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We also have a better economy and lower unemployment right now then most of those liberal places. Not to mention nicer more helpful people. Sorry but I much prefer the people from Oklahoma then almost any other state I have been to, but especially those from the coasts.

My favorite was the guy I met years ago who was passing through from NYC. He had hit a deer on I-35 and wanted to know why the deer were out since it was not deer season.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We also have a better economy and lower unemployment right now then most of those liberal places. Not to mention nicer more helpful people. Sorry but I much prefer the people from Oklahoma then almost any other state I have been to, but especially those from the coasts.

My favorite was the guy I met years ago who was passing through from NYC. He had hit a deer on I-35 and wanted to know why the deer were out since it was not deer season.

Hell...I could OPEN CARRY a handgun in a few of those "liberal" places.
You guys really have a short memory... OK is better than in was (especially in the OKC metro) but when oil and gas went broke last time... there sure were a lot of Okies willing to work in Cleveland, Chicago, Los Angeles and other places that still had it going on.
Nat Gas prices are way down... and until they figure out how to refine more fuel and pipline crude in this country OK's "good" ecomomy is at risk.. when if falls here next time~ we just won't have many soft places to land.

Most big city people have a hard time with rural life. Of course, New Yorkers have a wicked sense of humor~ maybe you just missed the joke about the deer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom