Oklahoma Budget Crisis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is in 2011. $56,000,000 in compensation for school superintendents.
Oh good. We can lay off ALL of the school superintendents for the whole state. Now our budget deficit is only $1,244,000,000.

Cliff notes:
22 make more than the governor of the state. ($147,000)
202 knock down in excess of $100,000 per year.
Some are paid over $3000 per student while others are paid just over $1 per student.
One guy get $68,000 per year for 14 students.
Who cares? It's money better spent than the salaries of our legislators and governor, who don't deserve to even be making minimum wage.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the dims can't even go along with the GOP on a tax increase. I read in the paper today that the dimwits voted against a $1.50 increase in the cigarette tax. So we have the GOP now liking every tax increase they can think of and dropping every tax credit they can think of being stymied by the dimwits. Why? The GOP is trying to keep Medicare in the state up and running and the dimwits are pissed they can't use the money to expand it!

I swear you just can't make this stuff up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... my wife has to buy all of her own classroom supplies. No refunds.
Is it actually "has to" or just "does"? In other words, is there a documented requirement for her to buy these supplies, or does she actually do it voluntarily? I ask out of curiosity because I've heard this echoed so many times, and if there's a documented requirement she could perhaps write it off as an unreimbursed employee expense on her income tax. Doesn't solve anything but at least helps take some of the sting away - I had to do that several times when I worked for the federal government and wanted or felt I needed to have something for my job and they were "out of money".

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it actually "has to" or just "does"? In other words, is there a documented requirement for her to buy these supplies, or does she actually do it voluntarily? I ask out of curiosity because I've heard this echoed so many times, and if there's a documented requirement she could perhaps write it off as an unreimbursed employee expense on her income tax. Doesn't solve anything but at least helps take some of the sting away - I had to do that several times when I worked for the federal government and wanted or felt I needed to have something for my job and they were "out of money".
Likely neither. I'm guessing it's more of a "the school buys a ream of paper and 15 pencils for a class of 20 and it should last all year" situation and she's having to pick up the tab for everything missing because the school can't/won't.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would it be too much to ask for a simple pie chart showing how much is spent at the individual school/classroom level versus adminstration? Yes, of course it would be, because the bloated Oklahoma public education administrative bureaucracy does not want us to know this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom