Oklahoma Execution Botched

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, I haven't. I did have the unfortunate luck of being chosen for an attempted murder of a police officer trial. We did not convict. It's an awesome responsibility to determine the fate of a man. The whole "reasonable doubt" thing finally makes sense at that point.

Yep. I never want to be in the defendant's chair. Luckily I had gun knowledge and had to explain to the other 11 people that when an AK ejects a casing in a small room, that casing could end up pretty much anywhere by bouncing and rolling. They all thought they just dropped in a neat pile at your feet. I also had to explain what Condition 1 on a 1911 meant. The 1911 fact alone decided the case. It caught the defendant in a huge lie that he pinned his entire defense on.

Anyway, excusing yourself from the jury is admitting that you could not convict or possibly wouldn't not convict a person. In this case I'm assuming that you would not convict the husband due to your feeling the husband was justified.

I could not judge this hypothetical case without bias. Assume no more than that.

daddyof3_101

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't support state sanctioned executions.

I do believe that guys such as this cannot be held responsible for their actions in the same way the government can.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Plauche

I couldn't convict a guy like this of anything that would earn him a felony or time incarcerated. I'm too biased. I don't blame him in the emotional state he was in. I'd tell them that during voir dire.

My lack of love for state sanctioned executions does not equate to love of heinous criminals.

Nor did I say you love heinous criminals. Brother I would be the first in line to defend your right to speak your opinion. And I respect the fact that you have an unwavering stance on a subject such as this. I was simply curious if your opinion would change based on the crime. We may have to simply agree to disagree. And for those in this thread that feel the need to bash one another.......what's the point. A forum is meant as a place where one can share knowledge or OPINION on a given subject. We are not all going to agree all the time.

(Except on sparta......His gifs are great)

This signature is illegal in California

DasSieben

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I would also describe the criminal justice system in Saudia Arabia and China as "good".

You do realize that Saudi Arabia has a brutal criminal justice system with public be headings right? I know of a guy that tried to smuggle in some Canadian whiskey which was illegal and he got caught. Had a tooth knocked out with a chisel every day he was there. I think it was 10 days. Never heard of anything like that happen in the states.

Maybe you should go there though...and stay.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can admit that I got a little too bitchy in this thread at times. It's one subject I'm passionate about. I apologize and hope that most of you are grown men and can take some shittalk and can return to a bit more civil discourse if you'd like.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you consider yourself a Christian and support this, you baffle me. I grew up Methodist, and for those of you who aren't aware of what a Methodist believes on the subject, I'll summarize. See, the Methodist church believes that it's not very Christlike to torture people to death.
Law of the Land

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do realize that Saudi Arabia has a brutal criminal justice system with public be headings right? I know of a guy that tried to smuggle in some Canadian whiskey which was illegal and he got caught. Had a tooth knocked out with a chisel every day he was there. I think it was 10 days. Never heard of anything like that happen in the states.

Maybe you should go there though...and stay.

This post was blatant sarcasm. Anyone who's read even my first post in this thread knows I don't want our criminal justice system to resemble the only other countries that still hold executions, the numbers leaders including China and Saudi Arabia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom