Oklahoma Home Invasions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCM

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be sure not to leave garage door openers in your vehicles that are not parked in the garage. There were a couple in which burglars were breaking into cars parked outside that had the opener left in car then entering the home via garage. Many people tend to not lock the door into the garage it seems since a false sense that it is secure with the garage door closed. my wife and i now use the keychain type only vs the visor clip-ons.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
please folks, keep the race out of it... if you must, start a new thread.

sure like to keep this eye opening thread open...

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's plainly obvious to just about anyone some groups have a higher propensity to commit such crimes. We keep our mouth shut about it because it adds nothing to the discussion and it is something we cannot control. I cannot keep people from committing crimes, especially by posting on a message board.

What I can do is be prepared if such an event happens at my house and do everything in my power to make my home a less appealing target.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
purpose of this thread is to make the public aware of how serious home invasions have become and the need to able to defend ourselves.

if you must analysis why... start you own thread.
sure would like to keep this eye opening thread from being closed.

there's a LOT of folks out there not aware of how serious a problem, home invasions have become.

If say 3 thugs kicks your door down, we'd much rather read about how you greeted them with .357 mag or 00 buckshot.

being prepared means not making yourself a target and making sure you are armed and/or can be armed very quickly at all times. Especially at home, where one normally feel the safest and can have your guard down.

Krigare

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Given the history of hostility of a majority of invaders, I can safely say it wuld be best to assume they will try to kill you. Better safe than sorry like ending up saying bye to your loved ones tied up because you thought maybe lethal force was a little too much for some guys you thought just needed some cash.

MD Froman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really wish the homeowners or tennants had shot and killed that guy now the legal system charges him with 6 felonies and 2 misdemeanors and everything but 3 felonies are dismissed, we need to make homeinvasion a death penalty charge and maybe they would slow down or stop.

Oklahoma has a Home Invasion Death Penalty!

It's called the Make My Day law and you(the home home owner) are expected to enforce it diligently.

A gun locked up in a safe or a desk drawer doesn't do anybody any good. Wear your iron every waking moment and keep it by your bed when you sleep.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Homeowner holds juvenile burglar at gunpoint for police

Published: 3/4/2011 9:01 AM

Tulsa police arrested a juvenile early Friday morning on allegations of burglary after the suspect broke into a home and the homeowner held him at gunpoint, police said.

Police responded to the call in the 6900 block of East 106th Street about 4:20 a.m. and arrested the juvenile on complaint of first-degree burglary, police said.

The homeowner told police someone had rung the doorbell several times before walking around the house and prying a back window open to enter the home, police said.

The suspect then began rummaging through items in the home apparently looking for narcotics before the homeowner approached the suspect with a gun.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/...ctid=450&articleid=20110304_11_0_Tulsap300380

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for starting and maintaining this thread Charles! It's nice to have one place to come to see the trends and what's happening like this around the city.

Latest posts

Top Bottom